La Petite Grocery

4238 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA, USA

La Petite Grocery New Orleans Reviews

LeighBR LeighBR
Pleasant for an Afternoon or Evening Meal Jun 27, 2008
My husband and I decided to try Le P.G. for lunch one afternoon. A very bright and cheery atmosphere, the restaurant is clean, airy and open. We were seated promptly. It wasn't very busy and the waitstaff were efficient and friendly. Communication/conversation/hearing the person you're dining with wasn't a problem. Deciding on what to order was. The menu, while not extensive, was sufficient and had a dish for all tastes/preferences - vegetarian, pork, fish, red meat, etc. The lunch offerings all looked appetizing. We started off with a great soup for summer - a chilled canteloupe soup with balsamic vinager and mint. We ordered the open pork cheek sandwich and the fried green tomato BLT. The pork sandwich was excellent. I was expecting a bit more flavour from the BLT, but it was not bad. The portions were right on - not too much, not too little. The wine list is extensive. Desert was a lemon tart. Again, a good portion size, very tasty. Overall a very satisfactory experience. Definitely worth a return visit. I recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants a pleasant dining experience and wants to be able to enjoy the company of the person they're dining with.

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals