La Perla Negra Beach Hotel Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Check Puerto Viejo de Talamanca Hotel Deals
La Perla Negra Beach Hotel Puerto Viejo de Talamanca Reviews
Beachfront Hotel in Puerto Viejo Jul 07, 2012
The Perla Negra is an affordable place to stay in Puerto Viejo just yards from the beach. I've stayed there twice, both times as a single person attached to a group. Here's a basic rundown of my experience and suggestions:
- Rooms have two queen beds available- you will not need the comforter due to the heat/humidity
- You can feel a breeze the closer you get to the ocean, but in your room it can be quite stuffy and no fans/AC is in the room- you should bring a small personal fan to keep air moving on you at night (the fan can also help items dry faster, since the humidity makes it a slow process)
- Lighting inside rooms can be a little dim from the CFLs used, to do reading you may want to bring a reading light of your own
- The showers are cold- some people complain but I thought it felt great in the heat
- The pool is refreshing/clean, should be used instead of swimming right in front of the hotel (beaches for swimming are located downt the road, since the ocean here can be dangerous)
- A great breakfast is served daily with fresh juices, fruit, and local food
- The front desk is very helpful with everything, including delayed baggage from our flight
- Internet/wireless is available, but is most accessible in the lounge area
- Always felt like a safe location within driving distance of everything you want
This is not the Hilton, but travelers need to realize that this is a small community on the Caribbean Coast and no major commercial hotel chains will be here. Keep an open mind and accept that this will be one of the better hotels in the area.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
La Perla Negra Beach Hotel Puerto Viejo de Talamanca Overview
La Perla Negra Beach resort is a tropical hotel lying on to the south of the Cahuita National Park, in the beautiful Caribbean coast of Puerto Viejo de Limon in Playa Negra (Black Beach). This place is located 45 minutes by car from the city of Limon and 2 kilometers outside of Puerto Viejo, directly in the front of the beach with the beautiful room views to the ocean or jungle.
Enjoy warm waters of the unforgettable Caribbean Sea and the romantic strolls in the region. During your stay you will also have the opportunity to practice sports like tennis, surfing, swimming and kayaking. The hotel staff can also organize daily activities in the area.
As much the atmosphere as the rooms of this hotel resort well are prepared and decorated with good pleasure. We have all the necessary to assure your calm and pleasant stay. Finally, the total dedication and attention by the detail of our employees will guarantee you a warm welcome and pleasant vacation.
The hotel capacity is 24 rooms, 6 condominiums, 1 studio and 1 beach house. In addition the resort includes a swimming pool, tennis court, restaurant, bar, safe deposits box, TV in lobby, guard, barbecue, private beach, laundry service and free Wi-Fi Internet.
We have three different types of rooms with the capacity from two up to seven people with:
• two double beds (doubles) or
• two double beds and one individual or
• two double beds and three individual (multiplex)
• shower with hot water
• safe-deposit box
• some with the ocean view
They have a capacity for 6 people and are completely equipped with:
• two bedrooms (one is air-conditioned)
• two private baths with hot water
• completely equipped kitchen
• living room
Has a capacity for 4 people and counts with:
• two rooms
• two double beds
• two baths with hot water
• terrace with the ocean view
• completely equipped kitchen
La Perla Negra Beach Hotel Amenities