La Passerelle

Lyon, France

La Passerelle Lyon Reviews

Chokk Chokk
La Passerelle - where times go by Aug 24, 2009
The place was one of these natural relaxing spots that I love to sit at and enjoy the life passing by.

The café was situated on the bank of the Sâone and just next to a small Monday morning market. When we arrived there were only two persons in the café and both having the same need as us; the need for morning coffee!

One guy being a copy of Peter Fonda from Easy Rider and probably the same age as Peter Fonda would be today! He was a small guy wearing layer on top of layer of leather outfits, so he could reach a size small! At one point he left his wallet, keys and cigarettes on the table and went inside of the café; we laughed and talked about that it would not work in any other city or maybe he was just a cool dude.

The other guy was one of these speed coffee drinkers of which a couple copies walked in afterwards. They just sit down for less than 3 minutes; just time enough to put their glasses up on their forehead and empty a cup of coffee and then they are gone!

We got our coffee and a cold glass of water, which we got told was for free by the waiter; on top of that I got myself a croissant which was very good, fresh and soft.

The place was calm and situated in the shade, at least at this time a day. You had the traffic just next to where you were sitting, but it was only making you a part of a waking town.

The people working there were nice and relaxed. It was a nice place to start the day in a calm way.
Chokk says:
Posted on: Sep 08, 2009
Chokk says:
I might do that one day - I promise I will hand over the first copy to you. You are always so positive towards me:)
Posted on: Sep 08, 2009