La Paryse

514 842 2040

La Paryse Montreal Reviews

callmechia callmech…
Best poutine? Yes. Best burgers, non! Apr 01, 2008
La Paryse is probably mentioned in every guidebook to Montreal, touting it as THE place to have THE greatest burger to be found in the city.

Maybe we went on an off night, but these guidebooks couldn't have been more wrong! Totally unimpressed by the burgers.

The atmosphere, while a little harried, was cute and informal, with a majority of French-speakers. This is also a VERY homosexual-friendly restaurant! I didn't care for the music, however; I enjoy Bjork and Sinead O'Connor as much as the next person, but in their place, and not while I'm eating a burger and fries, ya dig?

I'll start with the good news. La Paryse has the best poutine (that I've experienced, anyway) in Montreal. The fries are crispy and golden brown, the cheese is grated (not in huge, cold lumps, but in thin strips that melt away) and their gravy is excellent. The poutine gravy at La Paryse has a great complex, authentic taste - not prepackaged. This was my first time trying classic poutine, and nowhere else in the city quite lived up to it. I highly recommend La Paryse for its poutine above anywhere else in Montreal.

Now for the negative.

My friend got the regular Beef Burger, which (while it seemed to be 100% beef) was rather sawdusty. It was seasoned properly but just wasn't juicy enough. (Stay tuned for my review of 5 Guys Burgers in Orlando, the best burgers ever!)The fixins for the burger seemed to be fine. I chose the Pinto Bean Burger (they had 3 different veggie burger selections), and this was equally disappointing. It was heavy and sticky, with way too much mayo. Honestly, I would rather have had a black bean patty from Chili's. The only thing that saved this burger was the 'herb cheese' they put on it, which was pretty tasty.

The prices were normal, about 8 dollars for the burger, but $1 extra to share a plate.

We got a bottle of wine which completely sucked, and it was around 28 CAD! Take my advice and don't get wine there, just have a coke or something, don't get ripped off by their alcohol!

I would say, since this place is in a pretty busy and trendy area, to go there just to check out their poutine, as it is really great. But afterward, go elsewhere, maybe St. Denis, for dinner and drinks.
harleyd harleyd
Great Burgers! Aug 22, 2008
This little hole in the wall is located in the latin quarter of the city. It is also well worth a visit and a great way to start a night out! The quaint restaurant is colorful and feel's like you've just walked into some trendy little kitchen. The place is narrow but can pack quite a few people in. Every table has crayons so the inner child in you can do some coloring while waiting for some food.

The menu was quite cheap. Everything is under $10CAD. All the burgers come with the fixings. Fries are extra and come on the side. The large fries are huge and best for splitting with others. The also have beer and wine by the glass. The service is friendly and the food comes up quick. I'm not a big burger person but I was quite impressed with this place. This isn't really a restaurant to hang around in; the small size makes for a somewhat loud atmosphere. It's more of a get in get out restaurant but a visit here may be necessary!
Make sure you don't miss it, it's …

Check Montreal Hotel Deals