La Paella Valenciana

Avenue De la Republica, Quito, Ecuador

La Paella Valenciana Quito Reviews

mdfehmel mdfehmel
Awesome Spanish Food in Quito Aug 06, 2012
A recent business lunch in Quito landed me at La Paella Valenciana to try the house specialty; you guessed it - Paella. The meal started with one of the best Sangrias that I've ever had, and I am not a Sangria fan. Our appetizers included a crab indigenous to the region in South America, which, unlike other crab, actually had a lot of meat that was easy to access in the claws. Supposedly this type of crab is the only type of crab that an octopus cannot crush. Pre-meal also featured a large bowl of delicious jumbo green olives and homemade bread with house dipping sauces and olive oil blends. The trick was to not fill up knowing what was coming though - any Paella fan will tell you that you need plenty of room to enjoy it with all of that rice. when the moment came, I was certainly not disappointed. The bowl for the table was gigantic, with no threat of running out and the seafood was generous. On a Paella scale of 1-10, I would rate this a 9 (only because my mother is the only one that make a 10). Believe it or not, I was actually able to save room for Flan, my favorite dessert, although it was quite a disappointment. Not the Flan that I know - I should have quit while I was ahead. However, I won't use that against the restaurant as the food really was good and I will certainly go back; I just won't order dessert!
Paella and Sangria at La Paella Va…
Flan at La Paella Valenciana.

Check Quito Hotel Deals