La Pachanga

8 rue Vandamme, Paris, France - 33-156801140

La Pachanga Paris Reviews

julz4800 julz4800
Cool salsa spot in Paris! Mar 11, 2011
This is one of the city's main salsa spots and while there are a few funny dancers, there are some pretty decent ones as well. They played salsa and merengue when I was there. Looking forward to coming back and maybe trying out a lesson. There's an 8euro cover.
Sunrise5 Sunrise5
Classic salsateca and restaurant Apr 24, 2009
La Pachanga is a typical Salsateca, which means that there are daily salsa parties and regular dancing classes - and the Friday I went there was the first time I ever had to queue to get into a Salsateca. Therefore, after being let in, I supposed to find myself inside a salsa dancers dream (like the Barrio). I got a bit disappointed, though, as it turned out that this queue was mainly because the restaurant was still so full (although it was at least half past 11 pm).

Seen with a dancer's eyes, La Pachanga belongs to this kind of dim, anonymous, rustic salsa bars which seem to be just made for a passionate, hot and damn close Bachata or Zouk with the stranger who sat at the bar in the corner sipping his Cuba Libre. (note of the author: Alas it's not like you may think - I was there with a friend ;-) )

Anyway, untill 2 or even 3 am it's pretty difficult to dance salsa. The dancefloor uses to be crowded and because of the darkness one doesn't notice the smaller couples dancing around until one party gets hit.

As I had a voucher for a free drink, I don't know about the prices for drinks and food. The entry is 8 Euro (which includes a free drink), the cloakroom another 2 Euros. Both average for Parisian salsa parties.

Check Paris Hotel Deals