La Maronnaise

04 91 72 42 65 (info)

La Maronnaise Marseille Reviews

petitefleur petitefl…
Aug 21, 2007
One of the best clubs I've been to in terms of ambience.. Open-aired discotheques that turns your vibes on the moment you step out from your vehicle kilometres away. When you get tired from too much people watching, grab your glass and retreat to the corners, where you would catch a magnificent view of wilderness.. Mountains and the vast ocean.

A place for the hip and trendy.. try to dress well before entering as the bouncers select people by how they look. This point really sucks, because you never know when it's gonna be your turn. I am not sure if it would help if you try flashing cash in their faces :)The other point I dislike's the racism.. black bouncers not letting black people in. I do not actually agree that blacks are better trouble-makers. Anyone could get into a catfight, including girls.

Music selection is great in general. With a funky mix of electronica, French music etc. Towards late night, it kind of turned cranky with mambo and old school mixed in. I guess it depends on how lucky you are to catch good music.

Yes, there are strippers. I was amazed. Amazed too by the bulging eyes of all the male species. In a classic moment like this, you could easily identify who's gay! Lol!! Not until the make stripper comes on board too! Hmmm... I was not turned on.. Too skinny for my liking :p

All in all, it was a great place.. and you could go for a dip early in the morning at the sea, just to freshen up for that long drive back to the city :)
JPLfr13 says:
Unfortunately, both were closed.La Maronnaise because building was destroyed on the coast area!
Posted on: Jul 24, 2011
SamanthaH says:
Thanks for the review. I am here for 2 nights and will definitely be going there!
Posted on: Jun 30, 2009