La Marelle

La Marelle Rates and Deals

La Marelle Laredorte Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
An old school building May 20, 2012
La Marelle is a B&B with 5 rooms, located in the little town of La Redorte, a couple of kilometers from Canal de Midi. The old charming stone building once was an old school building.

We arrived after a long day of cycling and was welcomed by the friendly owner, who spoke English well. He showed us upstairs to our rooms. We stayed in the blue and the yellow room. The blue room was decorated in a maritime style and had the place´ only bathtub. Our room was yellow and had a touch of the colonial time.

We had a double room with two comfortable single beds put together. The floor was tiled and there was a beautiful old wooden wardrobe. There was no AC and no TV. Since we were on a cycling trip and I had not brought my laptop, it would have been nice with a TV to watch the news.

The bathroom was tiled and looked fairly new. Just one dangerous thing, the yellow tiles in the shower were lethally slippery when wet. The bathroom was equipped with towels and soap, but that was all in terms of amenities. There was a heat lamp there, which we didn´t need, but must be nice on a cold winter day. Both the room and bathroom were very clean.

In the hall outside our rooms there was a fridge where guests could keep drinks and food cold. Tea and coffee making facilities were there as well.

In the front of the building there was a nice sitting area. The pool was covered all the time during our stay, so I guess it was not in use or not heated, which was a bit of a disappointment. Would have been nice with a dip in the pool after a day of cycling.

Right across the street there is a good grocery store.

Our colleague had booked the rooms with dinner, which was an extra €25. Dinner was a 4 course meal including red wine. Due to my food allergy I could only eat the main course and I don´t drink red wine either, so we asked if I could only pay for the main course. The manager, who up until then had been as sweet as he could be, answered quite briskly that everybody pays €25. Not a good deal for me!

Dinner looked nice, but unfortunately wasn´t as good as it looked. The chunky mashed potatoes were a bit on the dry side and rather tasteless and the duck a little chewy. I had duck for lunch, which was much nicer. For desert we had melon, just too bad that he ruined it with a strawberry sauce.

There were a sofa and some chairs in the lounge/dining room area, but with the large room and high ceiling, it felt too big since we were the only once there. I like the colonial style, but it lacked a warm atmosphere.

Breakfast was good and included in the room rate (€70). It consisted of white and dark bread, ham, marmalade, cereal, milk, juice, tea and coffee. There was a walled in outdoor dining area, but the table was set inside, so we ate there.

It was an over all good stay, but the managers change in mood made me feel that his very sweet friendliness wasn´t genuine.
La Marelle