La Mar

Av. La Mar 770 - Miraflores, Lima, Peru

La Mar Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Greatest Chef's Cebicheria in Lima - La Mar Dec 17, 2008
One of our best chefs is Gaston Acurio and this is his cebicheria. When he announced he would open a restaurant for fish and seafood, everyone got ready for something big and definitely it is. Since the first day, everyone in Lima seems to be lining up to get in -- no reservations are accepted, so get there early or sneak in late in the afternoon.

There are many cebicherias in Lima and I can say than this one is an upscale one. Fashionable, stylishly designed, and a bit more expensive than others, it represents the best of traditional Limeño cooking, but with an edge. The airy, plant-filled space has a chic, modern touch, with an angular, poured concrete facade, bamboo roof, turquoise chairs and cement floors. The ambiance is rustic and cozy. A sure hit.

First of all I need to say that this place is only open for lunch. Nevertheless, it features a cool cocktail bar with great pisco-based drinks, like the "Cholopolitan," which you can taste while you are waiting for your table. Also they serve canchita (fried corn) and fried potato, banana and camote chips with dips.

The menu includes all Peruvian seafood classics, plus some sushi and haute-cuisine creations. The fish -choose from a couple dozen types of cebiche, as well as rice-based seafood dishes and whole fish- is always fresh and carefully prepared. We ordered the traditional cebiche and the classic tiradito. Both of them were really tasty and fresh. If you can't decide for a cebiche, ask for the sampler. Great idea!!!

Also we asked for a Jalea to share. So good!!! The dishes meet every requirement for success: delicious, abundant, and not so expensive - taking in count the quality of the place and food.

The service is very good. The staff is really helpful and kind. If you don't know what to order, feel free to ask them and be sure they will give you the best suggestions possible, although the whole menu is delicious.

I love the concept of this place with its relaxed atmosphere, delicious and varied menu. Definitely a Must if you are in Lima, but you don't have to wait for Lima if you are in San Francisco USA you could visit their location on Pier 1½
outside
the dining room
the bar

Related Travel Blogs About La Mar

Waiting for his flight back home, sharing a delicious lunch and chilling out in Lima :)
Ok, ok, he's not a TB but I met him through a TB so I'd write about our meeting in Lima. Also I'm hopping he becomes one of us ;) I met Alfonso a couple of weeks ago. He's a really nice Chilean guy w…Lima, Alfonso went to different restaurants but this one "La Mar" was still missing. So the choice was obvious: "La Mar"! We arrived…
Other activities in Lima
Other activitiesOn the night of the meeting, we meet at the home of one of the collectors and we going to a dinner at the club named "Brisas del Titicaca", which have a show that the first part was a…La Punta ” en el Callao, en el restaurante Naval, donde compartimos un exquisito almuerzo con frutos de mar.   Después del almuerzo nos dirigimos hacia el Centro de Lima

Check Lima Hotel Deals