La Maison du Cacao

97116 Pointe-Noire, Pointe-Noire, Guadeloupe

La Maison du Cacao Pointe-Noire Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A nice little experience Apr 24, 2012
The first goal of the day was La Maison du Cacao, which turned out to be a nice visit. I had never seen a cacao plant live before as I can remember; well I might have but I had never given it a thought anyway. The tour started with a walk in the garden where there was a nice paved walk along the cacao trees and with some knowledge questions in French though, regarding the history of the fruits.

After the walk in the garden you end up in the main house again where you are told in English if you prefer about the product and you have a possibility to taste the cacao in the different stages of the production process, which was a very positive experience for me. They also give a taste of their cacao drink, which was absolutely magnificent and the final taste was the rum cacao liqueur.

The lady telling all the stories about the cacao was really sweet and talked a very good English so I had no problems in understanding her. After the tasting you have the possibility to buy some of their products and bought some cacao and cacao butter with me back home just for the fun of it.

Check Pointe-Noire Hotel Deals