La Luna Negra

44 West Green Street, Pasadena, CA, USA

La Luna Negra Pasadena Reviews

TRE69 TRE69
A Taste of Spain in South Pasadena May 30, 2008
La Luna Negra is a small tapas bar locate one block south of the famed Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena. The restaurant exudes energy by the red hued walls and the funky light fixtures dangling from above the dining area and the stage. You read correctly there is a stage because of the nightly Flamenco performance.

This night we (Jenn, Nhi, Joy, Rob, Matt, and I) got to sit at a table right next to the stage where all the action was going to play out. But first the food!

Hongos Rellenos - mushrooms stuffed with spinach, crab, chorizo, artichokes, and cheese in a garlic and butter sauce...earthy, salty, creamy, and herby all in one bite = YUMMY!

Balearic Islands Escargots - escargot sauteed in garlic butter baked on toast with tomato and cheese...snails in garlic butter are just delicious!

Mejillones Al Ajillo - mussels in hot and spicy broth...the mussels were meaty but the broth was way too spicy for me.

Costilla De Cerdo - pork ribs in house made barbecue sauce...don't remember tasting it.

We order more Tapas Calientes but I cannot remember what they where so I just have photo of the dishes.

For desert we ordered chocolate dipped strawberries, pudin de pan (chocolate bread pudding), and some ice cream and fruit parfait I think.

The best part of the night was the live flamenco music and dancing. The entertainment was so thrilling to watch and listen too. The women danced so gracefully on such a small stage! The musicians played so passionately...the music was just powerful!

Overall the food was mediocre but that is having only tried a small portion of their food offerings. The flamenco performance is probably enough to persuade me to dine at La Luna Negra again.
Hongos Rellenos