La Libertad Hospedaje

Check Granada Hotel Deals

La Libertad Hospedaje Granada Reviews

Carlitos82 Carlitos…
Best Place for Backpackers in Granada Aug 09, 2012
So this might be my new favorite hostel in Granada. I broke away from my traditional Bearded Monkey on a whim and was not disappointed by this thrify deal.

Dorm beds are $6 a night, and if I'm not mistaken the matresses made a crinkly sound when you moved which took a little getting used to. The rooms feature bunk beds and lock boxes for which you must provide the lock. The small courtyard in the front has a stone table for hanging out, a fountain that needs to be fixed, and is surrounded by couble sized hammocks.

The staff is friendly and can take you on a quick tour of the facilities with no strings attached. I also saw a few people volunteer to work there for a couple days in exchange for free accomodation (check with them in advance or through a help exchange website). WiFi is pretty strong, but there aren't too many convenient plugs for charging your electronics. They also have a couple computers that run on Linux, I think. The owner had a tiff witht he coke distributor so the only drinks you could buy as of July '12 were beer. Laundry was available cheap and returned in a timely manner.

Toward the back are the private rooms and a girls only dormroom, a tiny workout bench and excercise bike, and a more open courtyard with a stony path to the bathrooms (Don't walk to the bathrooms barefoot). There's also a small tv area with not-so-comfy furniture. Lots of nice people stay here and are willing to go see the next big thing with you or run around the city to the lake, park, or movies with you. (The movies are just a couple blocks away but in need of renovation/bat removal.)

Some of the perks that won me over were the bike rental and gym membership. Bikes aren't in tip top shape but can get you around the city at $4 a day and locks are included in the price. By staying at La Libertad you also get a free gym membership (ask at desk) to PURE spa and gymn. It's a basic membership for up to a week, but the gym has a decent workout facility, plenty of amiable patrons and trainers, and a giant tortise in their zen garden. Also, La Libertad offers free salsa lessons nightly to those who sign up and a free daily shuttle to the Treehouse Hostel. (They even let me store luggage in a back room while I went to the Treehouse to stay for a couple days, negotiate the price.)

Backpackers, this is recommended place to stay in Granada.
andrejav andrejav
La Libertad Hospedaje Mar 19, 2011
Colonial charm is totally there, in entrance, facade, high ceiling and square garden in the middle, but back of hostel and “chicken farm” dorms are not complementing at all. Back of the looks like servants quarters from 18th century, but ugly and misplaced. Vibrant colors inside are matched with large doors from that squeak when you are trying to get in and out of the room. That is some kind of security system, but not that cool early in the morning when all girls go to the restroom.

Hostel is located near the center (2 blocks), in area with few other hostels. I was going for the lower price and decent accommodation, and I got most of it. Courtyard is commanding the rest of the building, with green garden edged with columns that hold the shade. Most of the space is taken by hammocks of different size and shape, and some people prefer it to the bed. Only thing that I don’t like about the rooms is overcrowding. Main dorms are with 16, maybe even 20 beds, in the large, high ceiling room, but still too much. I believe that they have 5-6 dorms and few privates. On the walls you can find many offers for places near and far, parties, and things to do. Beds are custom made bunks, sturdy, and each bed has sizable locker. Sheets are fresh, clean, and they will give you towel if you ask for it. Bathrooms are clean, and big, and they include showers. Problem that I had with it is that bathrooms are in the back of the building and to get to them you have to go through small garden with a small sharp stones path… I love to walk barefoot, and this bugs me, because I want my bathroom experience to be without obstacles 

Kitchen has all necessary things for cooking and cleaning, and there is small “gym” next to it, with some free weights to lift… It is kind of funny set, but if you are really bored, or want to impress Norwegian girls with your “pump up” routine, this is great place to do it. You can also rent very cheap and not in the great shape bicycles, that are perfect for going around the town.

Wireless internet is pretty good, and they also have few computer stations if you don’t have your own computer. I paid $5 for my bed, and it is cheapest good place to sleep in Granada.

Granada is a must go place to see Spanish and church influence in Nicaragua. Town kept its colonial character and I love the way how people open all windows and doors on their houses, which allow you to see amazing gardens and old ladies in their rocking chairs. Nature around the town is super good, including volcano natural park, multiple lakes and water sports activities. Food in town is good and well portioned, and they have few soups which I missed during my travels.

I recommend it for sleep and go place, not really to hang in for longer time, but for “sleep and go” is fine.
Courtyard
Love the usage of the frame
Washing area