La Glace

La Glace - Eat me!

La Glace Copenhagen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
La Glace Dec 27, 2009
There are few places that are as well known in Copenhagen for their cakes as La Glace. La Glace is one of the oldest and probably best confectionary in Denmark; I think that their cakes are divine.

Entering the shop is like walking back in time; the rooms are beautifully decorated in an old fashion style; it is a truly cozy place to enjoy a cup of coffee and one of their fabulous cakes.

La Glace is a place where you can have your sweet tooth satisfied; their products are made of love, traditions and history and loads of the stuff you should stau away from.

The service is not as quick as you could expect and you have to bring cash since they don’t take credit cards.

La Glace was founded the 8th of October 1870, and it is situated in the middle of the old part of Copenhagen. Through the last six generations it has been a place that delivered quality cakes to its visitors.

I have used cakes from this place to celebrate successes at work or giving them as gift toc. The cakes have loads of whipped cream and other goodies, they taste wonderful as well, but you probably have to walk from Copenhagen to Paris to burn the calories.
Ready for attack
I can eat a snowman! Can you??
Eat me!
Chokk says:
I have bought things with me from there many times :)
Posted on: Oct 28, 2014
gingerbatik says:
yum..yum.. went there last time without a booking and it was fully booked and lots of line, so decided against it.
Posted on: Oct 28, 2014
dahling says:
If they are so old, it is not surprising the service is not the quickest anymore ;)
Posted on: Feb 22, 2010
mamaniac mamaniac
Will surely satisfy your sweet tooth! Feb 07, 2009
We tried going to La Glace on Sunday, only to be met with disappointment that they stop serving 30 minutes before closing time. We made sure to go back again the following day and it was definitely worth going back to. The desserts were absolutely to die for and the hot chocolate, even though very expensive at $10+, was a great way to get warmed up in this cold weather. Not to be missed if you are ever in Copenhagen!
Chokk says:
This is the best place to die in Copenhagen:)
Posted on: Aug 29, 2009