La Galette

La Galette - The menu

La Galette Copenhagen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great place and reasonable prices. Oct 06, 2011
I was in inner Copenhagen with one of my friends and we wanted to visit La Galette, a restaurant that had specialized in making food pancakes. La Galette is the French word for these kinds of pancakes.

The use the French word is not snobbery of the foreign language, but just to avoid misunderstandings compared to the traditional Danish sweet pancakes. A galette is not much to do with the Danish sweet pancakes. First, they made of buckwheat flour - and it may, like Italian pizzas and middle French tarts contain almost anything with meat, cheese, vegetables, etc., making it an independent dinner.

I had read an article about the restaurant where the owner stated that Danes usually settled with one pancake while one in France always would have two or more. I had therefore talked to my friend about having at least two in order to eat in a French way.

The restaurant was situated in a side house of a backyard in one of the coziest areas in the inner Copenhagen. We walked in to the backyard and found the door in to the restaurant and entered almost in to the kitchen and were greeted by the owner. We had booked a table, which was good because the restaurant was full. We were given a table in the back of the room along the window and facing the backyard and the tables outside, that most be nice to sit at in the summertime.

We both started with a standard pancake with eggs and ham and followed that up with a galette named Obelix that had both salad and a steak. Both of then tasted great and we enjoyed a good bottle of wine. They only had one kind but it was really good for the price.

We decided to end our dinner with a sweet dessert crepes, based on wheat flour flamed in calvados. It was a great evening and judged by the rest of the guests this place was very popular with the ladies.
My pancake with ham, cheese and egg
My Obelix
My Obelix
A cold beer finishing the dinner
Chokk says:
It was surprisingly good - and the prices were really fair for being in Copenhagen
Posted on: Oct 07, 2011