La Fuente

5th & National, Milwaukee, WI, USA

La Fuente Milwaukee Reviews

HCSmooth66 HCSmooth…
Great Mexican food Aug 06, 2009
La Fuente, or "The Fountain" is probably my favorite restaurant in the city of Milwaukee. I love Mexican food to begin with, but this place seems to just have it mastered. Obviously I believe the food to be phenomenal.

My favorite item on the menu is the chimichanga. I like most chimichangas at restaurants, but this one just makes my mouth water every time I order it. When i like to change things up a little bit I enjoy some of the nachos that they make, which are heaped with toppings or the Juevos con Chorizo, which have a little bit of kick to them.

They have some well-chosen combo plates as well. I enjoy combining a chimichanga with a taco and a tostada.

My friends and I also love just going for the margaritas. Margaritas always taste best among friends, and there's nothing like sharing a couple of pitchers of frozen strawberry margarita with good people. It hits the spot even in the dead of winter, but sitting on the patio during a long summer evening is the best time to enjoy it.

Great food, great drinks, combine it with great friends and you've got the makings of a fantastic evening.

This place tends to get crowded, especially on weekends. There are places to wait for a table, but even that can be rather tight.
blenderboy says:
We live 5 minutes away by motorcycle...advise next time in town and dont forget the shrimp soup

Posted on: Aug 05, 2009