La Fonda

Mexico City, Mexico

La Fonda Mexico City Reviews

TheNomad TheNomad
La Fonda Aug 19, 2011
This is a nice place its on the ocean, they have blankets for the cold breeze. The food is average to me but lots of people eat here everyday so I dont know....Its a great view and further away from the city making it a more peaceful dinner.
sybil sybil
Feb 17, 2008
La fonda is a converted home that was so adorable and served a lovely brunch menu. although it may look small because the first thing you see is the patio full of diners, there is an upstairs where most people sit. i don't think there were any tourists there whatsoever.

we ordered guava juice. it was good and not as sweet. but my gripe was that it was not cold. i still drank it all though.

i had the bacon and eggs breakfast, which was pretty good.

i also tried jen's (which i don't remember the name) but it was divine. basically, there are 2 or so eggs in a hot bowl that has been cooked eggs over medium. the eggs were fried with olive oil, basil and oregano. it was then covered with a thick pita bread that sealed in the flavor. you then can dip the eggs and pita into a tzatziki mixture. oh it was soooooooooooo good.

the service was good.

beware that they do start you off with sweet bread ... Then charge you later for it. but who cares, it was cheap.

if you are ever in condesa, find this place. it is worth it.
my standard bacon and egg breakfas…
jen's breakfast - don't remember w…
the egg under the tortilla
some of the locals dining -- jen j…
jenn79 jenn79
Feb 24, 2008
I don't recall seeing a sign with a name on this restaurant, but I think it is on Atlixco and Fernando Montes de Oca. I went through lengths trying to retrace our steps via google maps because this restaurant is definitely worth finding.

It's a non-descript converted house jam packed full of people during sunday brunch. They have a nice brunch menu full of egg-products, sweet-filled breads, and freshly blended juices - not chilled. They have lovely coffees and teas that I think were free although the croissants and breads were not. Like in Indonesia, they will just set it before you, and charge you only if you eat them.

Come here for the food, but loiter and enjoy the people watching. Nice locals, hot busboys and nice servers. They are closed until noon on Mondays but open for lunch and dinner.
Hot boy!