La Finestra

La Finestra - my average pesto
La Finestra - the salad was the best meal
La Finestra - looks better than it tastes
La Finestra - yogurt was good
La Finestra - our lady ran to the store to buy something for our meals
La Finestra - seating area

La Finestra Urubamba Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
order the "menu", not off the menu here Nov 21, 2008
We were ushered in here by a woman holding a sign. We were hungry so went in. It was a Chinese restaurant, or Chifa, sort of but also had pastas and such. We didn’t get the “menu”, which is the daily special and includes soup, meal, and drink. We decided to order off the menu instead. Big mistake.

I got pesto spaghetti, which was nothing special. The fried pork balls were not cooked completely and icky. I wished I had gotten the “menu” but at the time, none of us knew what the menu for the day actually was. We figured they couldn’t have good Chinese here in Peru, but it sure looked better than what we ordered.

The place looked nice inside and had restrooms, however, the service was terrible. Once they got us in with drinks and food ordered, they never seemed to come back. It took forever to get our meal and even longer to get our drinks. Many people came, ordered the menu, ate, and were out of there before we even got our food. The prices were reasonable, but the food off the menu not so good. It took forever to get our check.

This place was recommended by our guidebook and reported to have fast service and filling meals. We disagree.
the salad was the best meal
my average pesto
looks better than it tastes
yogurt was good
yadilitta says:
thanks for the warning!!!
Posted on: Jan 31, 2009