La Fiesta Grande Restaurante Mexicano

(601) 445-0720

La Fiesta Grande Restaurante Mexicano Natchez Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Quite authentic! Apr 12, 2012
I was driving with my students to Baton Rouge, LA for a small project and they wanted to try Mexican food. Funny enough, their wish was granted very quickly as we saw this restaurant two minutes after they mentioned it while driving through Natchez. This place is just by the highway, so it's very easy to find.

The first impression is that it will be the stereotypical Mexican restaurant with all those ├╝bershiny pink and orange colors. I usually don't like this kind of restaurants as the prices are not cheap and the food is usually fake Mexican.

After looking at the menu, I found the typical options for a Mexican restaurant in the States: tacos, enchiladas, etc., but one dish called my attention and it was Chile Colorado. That one is not so easy to find over here, so I decided to give it a try. Chile Colorado is a special salsa that goes very well with pork (we usually have it with pork in my homestate Chihuahua, but it's not a meal you find in a restaurant, it's usually more for like weddings or Quincea├▒eras), but they only had it with beef here.

They brought us some chips and salsa, the salsa was ok, not the best, but I have to say that the Chile Colorado was awesome. It definitively goes better with pork than with beef (nobody can beat the cooking wisdom of a Mexican mom), but the beef version was actually pretty good too. Also, they brought wheat tortillas and chile colorado should be always with corn tortillas hehehe but that was too much to ask.

The waiters were very funny and entertaining and they were telling me jokes about Pancho Villa (our local hero in Chihuahua, the only man to ever invade the USA, how about that? ;), so I def had a great time in this place.

Recommended if you are driving through and you are killing for a taco :)
Front
With my students enjoying Mexican …
montecarlostar says:
Posted on: Apr 13, 2012
montecarlostar says:
Absolutely May! No restaurant can give the flavor that a mom/wife can give :) maybe it's true that the secret ingredient is love :) thanks for checking out my review! :D
Posted on: Apr 12, 2012