La Dolce Vita

1 Clarence Street, Swindon, United Kingdom

La Dolce Vita Swindon Reviews

strawberryblondie strawber…
Now has delicious food!!! Mar 01, 2009
I haven't been to this place for over a year as was put off because the food wasn't really anything special. The place has been taken over recently and some how my new boyfriend twisted my arm to go here again. Always thought the place looked great on the inside, the best looking italian restaurant in swindon, it sort of resembles a nice grand ball room with the high ceiling and chandelliers, and being a girl have to say the restrooms were quite nice too, you can actually move in there, but they need a bigger mirror!!

On the food side, ummm there was a massive selection to choose from, we couldn't decide on what to have for starters so asked for a mix of a few from the menu (a little greedy) we mostly had fish/sea food to start with, the calamari and mussels were DELICIOUS and I was quite fond of the bruscetta it had several different toppings!!

Just stuffed from the starters managed to eat up the veal in a creamy sauce I had, but then as always when my partners food came which was on the specials board, I wanted some of that instead, it smelt lovely, a steak in red wine sauce and a nice bottle of house red with the meal. Had to skip having a desert as had too much to eat already, but had a nice digestive drink suggested by the waiter to finish off, not the nicest colour (brown) but it was different and something I'd have to try again!

The bill didn't come to too much and considering how much we'd had to eat it was very reasonable. I will be returning here to eat I think as I dont like being squished in some other restaurants in swindon. Thumbs up from me.
Glamour88 Glamour88
Jan 24, 2008
La Dolce Vita is on the corner of Clarence Street which is situated near the bottom of Victoria Hill. It’s a nice Italian restaurant and is very reasonably priced. You can have a three course meal for two for just under £20, that is of course excluding wine and any other alcoholic beverages. Last time I went I had Lasagne and the sauce was absolutely gorgeous, lovely fresh tomato taste but not too rich. I have never tried the Pizza myself but they serve authentic Italian thin crust pizza, they look divine.

The waiters/waitresses are very friendly and provide an efficient service. The main waiter is an older man and he always talks to you for at least 5 minutes, which is quite nice. Depending on where you sit in La Dolce Vita it can be quite spacious, I tend to try and sit near the back of the restaurant and then you have a view of the entire restaurant and you are out of the way. Also it’s quieter at the back of the restaurant, so it’s quite good if you are having a romantic dinner or dining with a friend you have not seen for a long time and would love a good chat.

Check Swindon Hotel Deals