La Cucina

lacucina-badsoden.de - 0 61 96 / 2 60 55

La Cucina Bad Soden am Taunus Reviews

dahling dahling
Best food, best ambiente, best service - Italian at its best Jul 20, 2008
La Cucina is located in the small town of Bad Soden, not too far from Frankfurt and only 5 minutes from the Main-Taunus-Zentrum Mall. You can also pass it on the way home from visiting the castles or the Zoo in the Taunus Mountains - and you SHOULD. This is by far the best italian place I have ever been to and even though it is a little out of the way for me, it is well worse the drive. Actually I have taken my friends from Frankfurt there and even they drive all the way to Bad Soden now, just to have a good italian dinner.

Even though the pizzas are soo good, the pasta is outstanding. And don't forget to try an appetizer plate as well. My all time favorite is the pasta mista - plate of 4 different Handmade fresh pasta - of which I can never decide which I like the most. When I bite into the fresh crespelle, I am sure this is my favorite, but then I eat a piece of the fresh gnocchi filled with mozzarella in a sage sauce and I found another favorite which changes again when I try the Tortelloni with Lemon sauce... and I always trade of some of my pasta for a slice of the crunchy crust pizza... it is just all so good, I can never decide.

I have not tried myself, but my uncle said the best is the fish with some red wine, they have a very good selection on wines also. And the service. The ambiente seems a little upper scale, BUT they will treat you nice if you arrive in jeans nevertheless, still it is a place where you fit in well in a suit also. Even though it is a family restaurant, this is not one of your cozy corner places. You have excellent cooking, with excellent service in a very nice ambiente, where the waiters know the difference between a wine- and a beerglass. It is definetely a nicer restaurant and far away from a pizzeria. And what makes it even better, they really are all italians, first generation. Maybe this is what makes it so authentic and so very good.

I have not tried everything on their menu of course, but everything I have tried was delicious. Even though it is usually crowded the service is still always friendly and has time to say hello and it is the little things I appreciate - like an extra plate for the little guests, without asking, any dish can be cut in half for a childsize portion and the prize is cut in half also... a dish of water for the dog by the door and the outside area is nicely fenced in with lots of bushes so you sit very secluded from the street - oh one drawback... the bathrooms are downstairs ;)

For the smokers: there is complete seperate dining room for smokers, so you do not have to do without your smoke after dining. If you are anywhere close to Bad Soden, take the chance and try the "La Cucina"

Unfortunately I do not have a photo, but you can check out their website:

Enjoy!!!!

Compare Bad Soden Hotel Rates (1.5km away)

La Cucina Map