La Creperie Cafe

2nd St Long Beach CA, Long Beach, CA, USA

La Creperie Cafe Long Beach Reviews

unfettered unfetter…
La Creperie Cafe Mar 05, 2009
Ok, finally I got to go here. I been wanting to come here for awhile but it's so crowded all the time. They do not take reservations so most nights from Friday to Sunday if you come around 7 then it's about a 2 hr wait. Bummer. The decor is really nice inside, with wall painted like scenes from Paris and there are nice chandeliers on the top. There is an outside patio that is heated and it does a great job of keeping you warm. Alright to the food! I shared a salmon nicoise salad and it tasted decent and the portion was pretty big between the two of us. The only thing was that the salmon was too salty in contrast to the salad. Not great but I wasn't here for their salads, I was here for their crepes! By far this has got to be one of the greater crepes I have been able to find around where I lived. The one I had as the main crepe had bits of bacon and alfredo drizzled on top...come on, how can you beat that? But my favorite of the evening was dessert of course! The dessert crepe, food-orgasm! haha. I shared the Napoleon Crepe which consists of a light creme brulee filling inside with fresh strawberries. The crepe battered wasn't too thick or thin and the outside was lightly caramelized with more strawberries and whip cream! :) Soo good. I have heard complaints of the waiting staff here so didnt expect too much of that. But personally I thought the waitress and the host was really nice, she was quite attentive but she was rushing a bit and was only there to help with the order and didnt appear til we wanted the check. Also I came with another person and didnt want to wait so we got the table right next to where the host stands, like literally right next to him. He almost elbowed my friend a few time. And I know he probably could hear what we were talking about so it was a little weird. But overall for the food, I would say to go go go here!
unfettered says:
Mark! You just got here! You can't want to go back for food just yet haha. But if you are, take me with you!! Yea, crepes are fan-freaken-tastic. :)
Posted on: Mar 05, 2009
flammick says:
Sounds great. It makes me want to go back to Bretagne, where I've had some of the best crepes of all time!
Posted on: Mar 05, 2009