La Chapelle de Jean Gros

58, Anse Bertrand, Guadeloupe
0590 68 06 54, 0690 41 88 79, 0690 41 91 61

Compare Anse-Bertrand Hotel Rates (1.1km away)

La Chapelle de Jean Gros Anse Bertrand Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A little gem in Anse Bertrand Apr 28, 2012
We decided to head for Anse-Bertrand and stay there for the rest of time in Guadeloupe. We had booked at one bed & breakfast for the last days of our holiday, and we needed to find a place to stay until the place we had booked. We therefore needed to find a place for 4 days, and our best plan was to visit the people we had booked at, in order to first ask them if they had space or if they knew anybody that could help us. As we expected they were fully booked but they called a friend of theirs Jean Gros if he had two rooms for us. He had but as he was working he would not be back before around 7 pm. We could take the rooms into use as the family we visited had keys to his rooms.

We checked in to the rooms with the friendly help our coming hosts, and we were given two quite nice rooms. My room faced the water but there was some palm trees shaded the beach. The room was large with a queen bed and tile floor. It was a plain room with a closet in the corner. The bathroom was large and had a nice douche, toilet with always is nice because you never know what to expect when you rent a studio. Just outside of my room I had a large terrace. The studio that Babs took had a kitchen and a large fridge, which was nice because we always had a small “apero” before we went out for dinner. I had brought a couple of champagnes and the first thing we did was to put them in the fridge.

It turned out that our landlord Jean was late and we were sitting outside Babs’s studio drinking Champagne when Jean arrived. We asked if he wanted to join us for a glass. He said yes but on one condition and that was that we would join him at his terrace in 15 minutes. We said naturally as Jean turned out to be a great character. We were invited into his home and were shown all rooms in his huge home. It was a great house and we ended up at his terrace that was really huge and nice. The terrace had a large table where we would spend the next coming hours talking with Jean. We were having great fun and it was a pleasure to getting to know him. During the evening Jean invited us to taste his crabs and we said it was a deal if we were allowed to bring the wine and champagne.

Next morning Jean showed us his crabs, he had crab traps somewhere near the beach where he had his cow running on grass. He showed us his traps and the numerous of crabs that he had caught. Two days later we attended and amazing dinner for us on the terrace with appetizers, an amazing crab dinner, fired bananas in old rum and so on. Jean and I had a great time together and I was really happy for the four days I spent in Jean’s studio and in his company.
The terrace
The Studio of Babs
Entrance to Babs's room
Dinner at Jean - with a drink Plan…

Compare Anse-Bertrand Hotel Rates (1.1km away)

La Chapelle de Jean Gros  Map