La Casa

(412) 441-3090

La Casa Pittsburgh Reviews

froggoddess froggodd…
What do I know about Tapas? Mar 29, 2008
I remember going to a tapas bar in Dallas before it was so darn trendy, and loving it. Wine flowed freely and all he little plates added up to one great meal. But I didn't get that same warm fuzzy feeling at my second tapas visit, at La Casa in Pittsburgh.

All the reviews I read for this place said it was affordable. Hmm... I don't know what other people consider affordable, but I paid eight bucks for four spring rolls the size of my thumb, and that was the cheapest item on the menu. I couldn't afford very many little plates at that cost, and I went home hungry and cranky.

The drinks were quite delicious. My Cafe Mexicano went down very well, and my friend said her Grey Goose Cosmo was one of the best she'd had. The service was OK. They, like so many places, didn't have quite enough staff for all the tables, but the waiter was pleasant, friendly and did his best.

This place seems to be well known for selling $50 gift certificates at $25 each, and the waiter let another diner use two on their bill. Maybe that's why people call it affordable. If you want to give this place a try, find yourself one or two, check the expiration date (they won't take it and won't refund you if it's past), and see what the fuss is about. Maybe you'll like it more than I did, and if not, you'll at least like the drinks.

Check Pittsburgh Hotel Deals