La Casa Roja

Agustinos 2113, Santiago, Chile

Check Santiago Hotel Deals

La Casa Roja Santiago Reviews

rachdott rachdott
very little heating during the winter, a huge place that was quite impersonal Jun 06, 2011
this place was FREEZING (I was there in June). It is so enormous that it does not have that sociable hostel-feel. The perk is that it provides transportation to the ski resorts, and ski clothing to rent. The downside is that (when i was there) they only provided transport to one of them (Valle Nevado) but not the others, however they gave me great directions to find other forms of transport to those mountains.
Sarahbug Sarahbug
Great Hostel In The Centre of Chile Jun 08, 2010
I was originally going to stay in Santiago for a few days, but la casa roja was so nice I think it played a part in me ending up staying for two weeks. The dorms are a little on the expensive side, but I think it's not to usnusual for Santiago. There are a lot of common areas and a very well equipped kitchen. There is also a bar, but is located outside of the building slightly so the hostel is very quiet at night.

My only complaint is that the beds in my dorm were very squeky so it could get a bit loud, otherwise they were very comfortable.

It's in a great location - a short walk from downtown and near a metro station.
heldur heldur
Great hostel, restored old mansion Jan 26, 2010
Great hostel, met lots of people and had a great time. Was a bit of a party hostel so loud at night but if this is what you are looking for I would recommend it. The showers were hot, swimming pool with bar but too cold when I was there. Would be great in summer.
Eric says:
Thanks for the review and welcome to TB.
Posted on: Jan 26, 2010
TalanandKara Talanand…
Oct 23, 2009
Reasonably priced, clean and attractive 19th century mansion-now backpackers. Even has a decent in-house travel service. Large kitchen. Internal courtyard and also a garden and pool if I remember correctly. Would be very easy to lose yourself in the place for a few days...be warned if it is your first stop!

I hope it fared well in the earthquake as it was a pretty old building and the place next door looked a little dilapidated.
determinada determin…
Typical Backpackers Hostel Jul 10, 2008
I stayed at La Casa Roja in the Barrio Brasil (centro) for 2-3 nights and found it to much much like every other hostel backpackers go to. It wasn't overly clean but it wasn't filthy, It was kind of old but it looks like they are working on it, the beds were decent, and all the rooms have lockers. the bathroom was average and while no breakfast was provided the kitchen is huge and can handle the mass quantities who come through. The backyard has a nice eating area, a fun bar, ping pong table and a pool. There is free internet and best of all you can pay in a multitude of currencies! The staff is kind of miltant about payment though, if you don't pay daily by 5PM you WILL be hunted down.

It was a decent place. It may not have as much charm as others but it is close to the central plaza and has a nice neighborhood of restaurants and bars close by. A solid choice.
gfranci2 gfranci2
Nov 23, 2007
This hostel reminds me a lot of Hostal de Sammy. It's loud and very full of english speakers. It is run well though with very capable and responsive front desk help. It is a bit expensive for a hostel though. 6500 pesos per night for a bed and no towels nor breakfast included. Bathrooms are clean and there are a lot, which was nice as I didn't have to wait to get a shower.

Related Travel Blogs About La Casa Roja

Santiago, Chile
So after the trip we head to La Casa Roja our hostel. We chill out and head to the pool. Our tour group slowly turns up and we are introduced. The hostel is having a BBQ so we indulge and have a few …La Casa Roja our hostel. We chill out and head to the pool. Our tour group slowly turns up and we are introduced. The hostel is having…
Football England y Chile
A very enjoyable morning spent earing my excellent breakfast provided by the portellio hostel staff, no sooner had I eaten my toasted chesse and ham sandwich when Adebayor scored for the Arsenal, my …Santiago, a cloudy and damp Valpa soon replaced by a swealting Santaigo. I'm at the La Casa Roja the first…

Check Santiago Hotel Deals