La Carreta

La Carreta - the dining room
La Carreta - the hall
La Carreta - delicious meat
La Carreta - salad bar
La Carreta - As you make your way to the front door, you will peer into the restaurant's kitchen with all of the fresh meats on display.
La Carreta - The dimly lit entryway to La Carreta, Peruvian Steakhouse.

La Carreta Lima Reviews

mdfehmel mdfehmel
Peruvian Steakhouse Jun 19, 2009
Our hotel bartender recommended this place as a nice local Peruvian experience. We actually wanted to go back to Rincon Gaucho on a Sunday night but it was closed. Good that it was or we might not have tried La Carreta on this go-around. As soon as we got out of the car, you are introduced to the restaurant by its unique entryway; a dimly lit, narrow pathway brings you past an open window looking into the kitchen, with eh fresh meat on display, and some old cars give the impression of a driveway circa the late 40's, early 50's. When you enter the restaurant, it actually opens up to a fairly large dining room, which is deceiving based on the street side entrance. Although, I'm not a salad bar fan, there is one here that looked pretty decent, and I contemplated getting it just so I could stock up on the fresh Avocados (I love Avocados). Instead I opted for a Caesar Salad, which was made right at the table. Even though the dressing was made a tad on the heavy mayo side, it was still entertaining to watch it prepared table-side, and I have had enough Caesars in my life to know that the same waiter can make 20 in a row and not have any 2 taste the same. I prefer mine a little more on the salty side, but I digress. After a few Pisco Sours (strong ones for that matter), out came our dinner which was right in line with our expectations. Meat was tasty and prepared well and the portions didn't make me feel like the animal that I just ate. This was good because the dessert cart looked good and I had some extra room to divulge. Overall, La Carreta gets a good score and I would go back the next time my business travels bring me through Peru.
The dimly lit entryway to La Carre…
As you make your way to the front …
yadilitta yadilitta
Great steak house in Lima - La Carreta Oct 15, 2009
Just in a sentence this place is: Beef lover's paradise

La Carreta is one of the best steak house in Lima. It is located in San Isidro - the financial district of Lima - and it isn't infrequent to come across renowned businessmen or busy politicians, specially at lunchtime.

In this paradise for carnivores you find almost every meat, from appetizers like black pudding, sausages and anticuchos (skewers of beef heart), to all the imaginable beef cuts: tenderloin, steak, roast, brisket, flank, ribs. Beef is strictly Argentinean or Australian, and gives its best in the barbecue, maybe when complemented with fresh salad. They also serve peruvian dishes.

The restaurant's atmosphere is very nice. The colonial decoration reproduces a coastal hacienda (a big ranch house) and includes wine barrels.

I have to say it is expensive, but it's just according to our standards.
the hall
delicious meat
salad bar
the dining room
scubagirl76 says:
my hubby would love this place!
Posted on: Dec 14, 2007