La Cabrera

Cabrera 5099, Buenos Aires, Argentina

La Cabrera Buenos Aires Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
An Absolute Must For Any Meat Lover Oct 24, 2012
We arrived here on a night that was absolutely pouring rain. They don't accept reservations past 9:30pm so we decided to go there and wait for a table. The outdoor waiting area was packed to capacity with people huddling underneath the small canopies surrounding the original location. We were told 45 minutes.

While waiting there was free champagne and a sausage and cheese plate. We had about 4 refills of the champagne before finally getting out table in the promised 45 minutes. We did have to run half a block north to their other location.

We read lots about them rushing people and even asking people to leave who were taking too long, we found the exact opposite. They really allowed us to take our time and helped us through the menu. We ordered some starter empanada's which were some of the best we had in Argentina. We had the filet mignon which we shared. When it arrived there were four large filet's on a block of wood and a couple of warm sides. Moments later the waiter came by with a large piece of wood covered in all kinds of small sides and said pick whatever you want, it's all included in the price.

Along with that amazing meal we had a very nice bottle of wine to wash it all down. After dinner we went with Creme Brulee which was also perfect, creamy with a hard candy top.

At the end of the meal our waiter brought us out another glass of champagne each and a tree of lollipops. After this entire massive meal and all of the drinks we had, our bill was only $80US (400 pesos).

If you are in Buenos Aires, you cannot miss this place.
emartini emartini
Best steak May 28, 2011
If You want really great dinner and taste amazing Argentinian steak, this is the place. Buenos Aires must do - Palermo SOHO in La Cabrera. This is french restaurant that is taking Argentinian steak in french kitchen. The portions are really big and with steak you have side dishes (pickle onions, pickle garlics, funky souse etc) just great. During the day it is not crowded, but after 7pm. you will have to wait in bar near doors. This is Must do in Buenos Aires.
Rick64 Rick64
Popular Steak House in Palermo Nov 16, 2010
La Cabrera is the name of the restaurant, and if there is one restaurant you should try in Buenos Aires, it is this one. I loved the atmosphere and the décor and the food was wonderful. They have half portions of steaks and even those are quite large. The side dishes are exquisitely prepared and spiced. We dined for three hours, and partook in three bottles of wine, all for a mere $140 pesos each. What an experience! You HAVE to have a reservation at this place as the crowd outside attests to its popularity.
jthreasher jthreash…
A dining experience par excellence: Great service, great steaks Oct 08, 2008
The size of the queue tells you much about the reputation of this restaurant. But while in the queue they serve you champagne and chorizo. Lovely.

Once inside you are in a traditional, nicely decorated restaurant, and the great meat experience begins. You will go never forget this and will judge all future steaks you eat by this very very high level of cooking and preparation.

Served on a wooden board with a selection of pickles and condiments and a central selection of extra condiments for the whole table, you are given a knife that could do someone great damage, but is happily the perfect instrument to slice into a steak that is cooked to perfection. I asked for jugoso (rare) and it was a beautiful dark red inside but with a well seared outside and not bleeding all over the plate. Heaven! Asking well done would not be doing this justice.

And as a consession for us waiting so long, or perhaps they do this for everyone, we received a complimentary plate of very fine desserts and a pick from the lollypop tree.

Very much worth the wait, I only wish I could go back soon.

Related Travel Blogs About La Cabrera

The Last Supper, Really
I didn't do a whole lot today.  I slept in, for once, which felt really good - although I was still feeling the beers from last night.  I even ordered room service.  Wow, huh.  …La Cabrera in Buenos Aires to be my final farewell feast.   And believe it or not, the salmon…
Argentina trip report
Argentina trip Report 9/20/2007   Overview We have just returned from a 10 day trip to Buenos Aires including a 3 day side trip to Iguazu Falls and day trips out of the city.  I planned…La Cabrera This Buenos Aires restaurant is written up in every guidebook which makes me sort of skeptical but it was the best…
A Bus Bombing, and Our Last Supper (sort of)
Today Adam and I took a cab down to the barrio known as La Boca.   This is one of the poorer neighborhoods of Buenos Aires, but famous for its streets of colorful tin roofed houses as well as …Cabrera ) at 8:45pm.   For our “last supper” – the last meal we would have together in Buenos Aires – we opted to go back to La Cabrera

Check Buenos Aires Hotel Deals