La Cabana

738 Rose Ave., Venice, CA, USA

La Cabana Venice Reviews

Eric Eric
Feb 13, 2007
Good mexican food place located in Venice. A group of friends and I came here starving and all of us left highly satisfied. I had the Platos de Carnitas, pork served with beans, rice, and three huge, warm, freshly made tortillas. You can actually see them prepare the tortillas freshly right in the middle of the restaurant, on little stoves. I was only able to finish half of my dish and ate the rest for leftovers the next day.

One of my friends ordered a dish (the Speciality of the House) that came with a guacamole and cheese appetizer that was pretty good. The guacamole tasted fresh and delicious and we all shared it as a dip for the chips.

One of the best parts about this place is that it is open until 3AM every day. Despite LA's reputation for crazy nightlife, most places actually close down pretty early. It's pretty rare to find a restaurant (much less a decent restaurant), open late.

What's weird is that I read some other reviews about this place on the internet, and they all seem to state that it is pretty average. I wonder if they serve different versions of the food for dinner vs. extremely late at night. We came here around 7PM and everything tasted fresh and tasty, but maybe it degrades as the drunken early morning crowd arrives? This will take more research...

Check Venice Hotel Deals