La Brisa Loca

La Brisa Loca Santa Marta Reviews

Eddbuddy Eddbuddy
Hostel en Santa Marta colombia Apr 23, 2011
About the place

i have been there twice and always is really fantastic, since thos area u can visit , Taganga, TAyron park and other interesting beach around the coast,.

About them

We are Ryan and Evan Dore, two brothers from the San Francisco Bay Area in California. Our travels have taken us throughout South America, both alone and together, while doing loops around the continent. Finally, after almost two years on the road, which included driving our 1981 VW bus from Bolivia to Colombia (the long way around), we decided to settle down in Colombia, our favorite South American country. We had a dream of making a living sharing our travel experience and love for South America with other travelers, and La Brisa Loca is the result of that dream.
cariocawannabe cariocaw…
Cool hostel in Santa Marta with a great bar Jul 08, 2011
This hostel has a great atmosphere, with a bar open all day and night. It has a nice swimming pool in the middle, good food and the location is very close to everything. It is a good base for leaving luggage when visiting 'The lost City' etc.
bayroni bayroni
Good Food Jan 07, 2011
Good food, the have mojitos too! If you only speak english this is the spot for you the owner speaks english.
Sads79 Sads79
Lively new hostel Aug 25, 2009
La Brisa Loca had only been open 3 months when I stayed, owned by 2 American brothers (Evan and Ryan). They are pretty laid back and have a beautiful old colonial building which they've converted into a hostel. Its just the right size, a few dorm rooms and a couple of private rooms. It has a nice bar area, which is great for meeting people and having a beer and then there's the swimming pool downstairs which is a nice way to cool off from Santa Marta's incessant heat!

Services:

Laundry = 4,000 pesos/kilo

Breakfast = cheap menu e.g. granola+milk = 2,500 pesos

Free coffee all day/night

Swimming pool

TV room downstairs (with cable)

Hammock terrace

Cost for 10-bed dorm = 15,000 pesos/night

I liked staying here - they do have the odd late night though and the crowd generally stays up for that kind of thing, so its not a place to stay if you want a quiet night in...

Related Travel Blogs About La Brisa Loca

Making my way to the Colombian Carribean
I got up at 2am to pack my bags and left the hostel in a taxi at about 3:30am after the organised one didn't turn up. At Quito airport I had to wait a bit for the check-in counter to open. When I got…Santa Marta. I saw on a sign along the road that it was 36 degrees Celsius. I checked in to my dorm at La Brisa Loca

Check Santa Marta Hotel Deals