La Brea Tar Pits

5801 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, USA - 323-934-7243

La Brea Tar Pits Los Angeles Reviews

SolCool SolCool
Pre-Historic in Los Angeles, CA Mar 19, 2011
Ok, I'm gona recommend the most interesting place to see while in Los Angeles, CA. Ok, I know all of you travelers are anxious to visit the Los Angeles area for Hollywood Star Sitings, or maybe the amazing weather right? But please dont forget to visit the "La Brea Tar Pits". Its amazing to think that they are still, to this day, digging up prehistoric bones in the middle of Los Angeles. WOW! Please do yourself a favor and visit this place.
galvatron20 galvatro…
Was ok Jul 17, 2011
I visited the tar pits in December 2010. I just walked down to the pits and to be honest I didn't find them that exhilarating. Perhaps I had a bad attitude but I wasn't really stimulated by them. There was quite a few tramps sleeping near them too. It was worth a look but not essential in my opinion.
mkarinaa mkarinaa
La Brea Tar Pits May 28, 2010
I love this place!

Its a great place to go to, look around and explore. If you have kids, they will not be bored.

You will not spend the whole day here because it is simply not that big, but its something you should definitely see.

They have this pretty awesome rainforest room, I swear the humidity in there is like 150%, but it has all kinds of diferent plans that you don't get to see everywhere.
Owens Owens
May 30, 2006
It's not a bad park. You can walk around these tar pits and

marvel at the bubbling. What is better is that it is right next

door to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). If you're

lucky enough to live in Los Angeles, after 5pm on Fridays it is free

admission to any exhibit, and there is Jazz in the summer. Not

such a bad, free night. Parking is free in the neighborhoods opposite

the LACMA, just drive for a few minutes to see what's available.
jeffy jeffy
Jul 02, 2005
In my opinion, the La Brea Tar Pits is one of the most under-rated and least appreciated places in all of Los Angeles. It is the richest collection of Ice Age fossils on Earth as well as one of the world's most famous paleontological dig sites. Alone, that's pretty cool. But what makes this place especially unique is the fact that it lies on L.A.'s most important street, right in the middle of the city. The opportunity to see live digs, naturally bubbling tar, and one the world's best fossil collections while being surrounded by posh West LA is awesome.

One of my favorites as a child and nothing's ever changed.
fairygirl1844 says:
deffenatly going there when i trip round the states, specally as im facinated by paleontology =)
Posted on: Jun 23, 2007
rawkerdude says:
wow, I can't believe I've never been there.
Posted on: Jun 19, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About La Brea Tar Pits

Day 4- La Brea Tar Pits and LACMA
So today I ventured out early trying LA bus routes.  They worked fine it just took a long time to make it to my final destination, Wilshire Blvd.  I suggest taking the Metro if you are clos…La Brea Tar Pits.  Much to my surprise and delight, it was a free Tuesday.  The Tar Pits formed during the Ice Age and preserved many bones…

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals