La Boca

La boca stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina

La Boca Buenos Aires Reviews

binky binky
Nov 16, 2007
When going to La Boca my advice is to take a taxi there and back. My friend and I walked there from the Obelisco and it was a along walk, that and some of the neighborhoods you pass through are a little sketchy.

La Boca is a neighborhood where mostly Italian immigrants moved during 1880 • 1930. Pretty much La Boca is a bunch of buildings painted in bright colors. The Genoese had a tradition of using left over paint from the shipyards to paint their houses because the price was right (free from what I gather). So to this day they keep the tradition alive.

We didn’t stay here long to be honest with you, it was just too touristy. Everything they had to offer cost more than anywhere else in the city and the people were very pushy which was unnerving. I think we lasted 15 minutes there which was unfortunate because it took over an hour to get there by foot. I just didn’t vibe with the atmosphere. My advice to anyone visiting is if you have limited time, look at the pictures online. I feel that there are so many other great places to visit. But then again, I know many people who loved this place, so to each his own.
The Craziness of La Boca
aamariaa aamariaa
Sep 19, 2007
If you get the oportunity to go to a football game at La Boca you should bring your Boca junior shirt and go. It is an amazing experience to stand in the middle of happy supporters singing and dancind / jumping up and down.

Related Travel Blogs About La Boca

La Boca
The birthplace of Buenos Aires, of Tango and of course Boca Juniors! It´s a crazy place on the orginal docks of the city.  A thriving community, once very wealthy, when Argentina was the farmer…Buenos Aires, of Tango and of course Boca Juniors! It´s a crazy place on the orginal docks of the city.  A thriving community, once very wealthy, when Argentina…
Los Barrios
I spent this weekend walking through some more of the neighborhoods around Capital Federal. I went to an antique market in San Telmo which was really cool. The market was set up all throughout the …La Boca epitomizes Buenos Aires and I'm sure most of you have seen a picture of these brightly painted…

Check Buenos Aires Hotel Deals