La Antigualla ll Tapas Bar

Calle Elvira s/n, Granada, Spain
La Antigualla ll Tapas Bar - My small tapa :)
La Antigualla ll Tapas Bar - Menu
La Antigualla ll Tapas Bar - Mojito
La Antigualla ll Tapas Bar - Bar
La Antigualla ll Tapas Bar - Entrance

La Antigualla ll Tapas Bar Granada Reviews

vixen2306 vixen2306
A small tapa... Mar 21, 2013
Following the advice of the hostel staff, I ventured onto the small cobble stone streets of Granada in search of a small local tapa place.

I walked past a few places, but none of them seemed attractive enough to sit down for an evening meal. Snacking through the streets, I finally saw La Antigualla. It looked very pleasant so I decided to go inside.

I did not regret my decision. From the moment I entered the bar, I knew I was where the locals ate. The bar was quite small inside and filled with Spanish. I approached the bar counter to ask for menu. The waiter was very friendly, and although spoke very little English, he tried his best to explain to me the tapa courses.

It turned out that you get a free tapa with each drink you order. As the drinks were very reasonably priced (the bar is located in the old part of the city amongst the cobble stone streets), I went with waiter's suggestion of a drink and free tapa.

I ordered Mojito and tapa of ham and cheese roll with home-made chips, dip and some kind of crisps.

As I was placing my order, I noticed that someone was leaving one of the tables, so I quickly sat at it.

My drink was served within a couple of minutes, and the food came very quickly. How surprised I was to see the size of it though... It was much bigger than expected tapa I've had before. It was more of a meal size than tapa size portion.

The food looked tasty, so I dug straight in. Yummy, is all I have to say :) Initially, I wanted to order another drink and try another tapa, but I was very content after having this one and decided on not having another one.

My bill came to €6. Dare cheap I must say.

I will be returning to this bar for definite if I'm ever back to Granada. And I'd recommend the visit there to experience the local atmosphere and great food and drink.
ramit says:
I love Tapas & this looks like a great place :)
Posted on: Jun 15, 2013