La Anita Rainforest Ranch

Costa Rica

La Anita Rainforest Ranch Reviews

naturegirl80 naturegi…
The perfect rainforest retreat! Aug 05, 2008
I just returned from visiting Costa Rica for the third time and have found my favorite place in the entire country - La Anita Rainforest Ranch. It is the most amazing location, away from the crowded tourist hot spots and with even more nature and beauty. After being disappointed by the crowds at most of the beaches I was totally refreshed to escape into the rainforest and spend a week in a real Costa Rican town! The best part by far was the family and staff at the ranch. They were so helpful in meeting our every need- on the farm we got to go horseback riding and take long hikes and just a short drive away we got to do a canopy tour and visit a local artist who made incredible sculptures out of fallen trees.

I can't wait to return to La Anita - I would highly recommend it for anyone looking to experience a real rainforest experience with a bit of luxury. I am trying to convince a friend to sign up for their rainforest Yoga retreat this fall. I am trying to get some pictures online from our trip but haven't figured out exactly how to do that yet! There are a few pictures on their retreat website (http://www.costarica-retreats.com) and ranch website (http://laanitarainforestranch.com) but they really don't even begin to show the nature and friendliness of the Costa Rican people!

The places we stayed in Tamarindo and Liberia were ok but nothing compared to the hospitality of the ranch, I am so glad I finally found it! Happy travels everyone and I hope you enjoy Costa Rica and La Anita as much as I did.
naturegirl80 says:
Hey Sylvia and David! It was only $79 a night for the beautiful cabin - definitely a steal. I think the prices are a little higher in the high season Jan-April but it is a place not to miss in CR! Have you visited Costa Rica?
Posted on: Aug 05, 2008
sylviandavid says:
Great Review! It sounds so wonderful. We did a canopy tour in Puerto Vallarta: It is truly fun! How much per night was the La Anita Rain Forest Ranch? thanks so much for sharing this. sylvia
Posted on: Jul 04, 2008