L'OSTERIA dé Memmo i Santorini

+39 06 6813-5277

L'OSTERIA dé Memmo i Santorini Rome Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Fantastic is not a word large enough Jul 17, 2012
I was back in Rome for just some days going for a conference in the outskirts of Rome. I arrived the day before the conference in order to meet up with a Canadian vendor. After meeting I had agreed to meet up with some of my colleagues in the center of Rome for dinner. They had booked a table L'OSTERIA dé Memmo i Santorini, that they had gotten recommended from some Italian colleagues back in Copenhagen.

I found the restaurant at 7 pm and my colleagues were already there and had opened a bottle of red wine. They had booked the anti pasta and just waited for me, and then the show started. The table quickly got filled with plates and they even had to put up another table next to in order to handle all the different plates. I counted 24 plates ant the table with all kind of wonderful Italian tastes. There were cheeses, grilled vegetables, stuffed vegetables it was completely overwhelming and it tasted fabulous. I must admit that I was almost full after a starter like this.

Even though I was quite full I went for the Osso Bucco as a main course and it was fabulous too. I even managed to have some homemade ice cream after that. One of my colleagues and I decided that we needed some grappa in order to have our stomachs to work normally again. The owner of the restaurant selected 3 bottles that he put on the table and told us we could take as many as we wanted. We decided that we at least should have one of each before we had some from the favorite. The one that I like the most was a grappa with honey because it was very mild and sweet.

When we got the check we were even more amazed because four persons with 3 bottles of wine, beers, grappa and the wonderful food ended up in just above 160 euro ~ 40 euro each in Rome!
Some of the anti pasta dishes
My Osso Bucco
monky says:
Congrats on this new featured revew Chris! :)
Dr_Seuss says:
Congrats Christian, and pretty damn cheap 8)
austin37335 says:
Nice review Christian. I have been past this place but I'll know to stop there and have a meal next time. Congratulations on the feature today!

Check Rome Hotel Deals