L'Idiot Restaurant

02 2545 6966

L'Idiot Restaurant Taipei Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Be an Idiot! Oct 29, 2009
Brett, Erin, and I were looking for an Italian restaurant in Taipei, so Erin did some Googling and came across the L’Idiot, which was advertised as Italian. We decided after seeing some pictures and reviews to check the place out, especially since the name sounded so interesting. They are on FaceBook and we became a fan just to check out the photos and menu.

The inside is definitely unique, with a strange looking sculpture in the middle that houses a fake fireplace. I don’t know how to explain it, but you can look at the pictures. We brought our own bottle of wine and started out with an appetizer of fried calamari, cheese sticks, and chicken wings. And since I was craving Italian, I ordered the lasagna. Erin had a pork chop, and Brett ordered the Duck. It seems every time I am with Brett and Erin I end up trying something for the first time…this time it was duck. The duck was okay, but the lasagna was very disappointing; turns out it was vegetable lasagna and loaded with more veggies than with pasta or cheese.

Because of the lasagna, I have to give this place a lower score. But the appetizers were good, and I could act like an idiot here without feeling out of place!!! ;) I think our bill was around 120USD for three of us, and that also included some dessert (soufflé).

BTW, this place isn't Italian!
The Idiots!