L'Hostaria

www.hostaria.com - (970) 925-9022

L'Hostaria Aspen Reviews

Amanda Amanda
Aug 13, 2006
L'Hostaria is an Italian restaurant, and the food is wonderful; but that's not what set this place apart and made it special.

I have never had service like this before in my life. It was unbelieveable. Each course was brought quickly, and they must be watching from a distance or something; because although they never came up to the table or seemed to be around, they knew the MOMENT we were finished with something it was removed from the table, and the next course was brought out.

We started with an Insalata Montanara, which had arugula, gorgonzola cheese, pears and walnuts with balsamic dressing. They thoughtfully split it onto two plates for us so we could both try it, and there was still a lot for both of us. It was incredible! We also split a cold cucumber and dill soup topped with sautéed rock shrimp offered with organic Tuscan Fontodi olive oil - I'd never had cucumber soup before, and the first few bites I had to get used to, but then it was wonderful; and the combination of the cucumber and the shrimp was really delicious!

For our main meal, we got spinach and ricotta ravioli, and the Risotto withveal reduction, truffle butter and parmesan cheese. Both were fantastic, but especially the risotto.

Through the whole meal, theykept bringing out some of the best, warm crusty bread I've ever had. When dipped in olive oil and pepper, it was to die for.

We really wanted to order dessert, but the meal was so filling, there was just no way to do it!

The end bill with tax and tip included, (we each had soda but no alcohol or dessert) was $75 for two people; that was with a 20% tip added on. This was my sister's birthday, so I had wanted a very special meal for her, and this really worked out well.

For a special treat, this is a great place!
The view of the outside seating fr…
The dining room.
Another view of the dining room.

Check Aspen Hotel Deals