L'EFFERVESCENCE

15 Rue Claudia 69002, Lyon, France

L'EFFERVESCENCE Lyon Reviews

bernard69 bernard69
A new nice restaurant in the heart of Lyon! Feb 14, 2012
As I like to live dangerously,for our Valentine's dinner we tried this new restaurant open last November in the heart of Lyon close to La Bourse.It is run by Christophe Hubert,a guy who has worked with 3 stars Michelin chefs and more recently with Mathieu Vianney,his lovely and attentive spouse Ewa with a delicious accent from Poland manages the diningroom featuring a contemporary minimalist design.

As usual for a new place we had the cheapest menu,the great 36 euro Valentine's special:3 course menu with amuse-bouche and predessert:

After a delicious parsnip velouté,my wife had a nicely cooked seafood starter with prawns,scallops and nashi(pear),as main a tasty haddock with celery and raw apple,as dessert a great passion fruit pavlova.

My starter was "tiny" with slices of marinated Jerusalem artichoke,thin foie gras slices,coppa Ibaïona(from Basq country)in blood orange sauce.I enjoyed a more copious main:confit of lamb with pak choi and sorrel and before my dessert(a good black chocolate tartlet),a crème brulée topped with a local cake called oreillette.

We washed our meal with a lil expensive(38 euro)but great local white wine,a viognier from Ogier!

WE'LL COME BACK SOON!
outside
inside ,Ewa in the background
Valentine's menu
parsnip velouté
sarahsan says:
Thanks for sharing this nice restaurant Bernard.
Posted on: Feb 20, 2012
sylviandavid says:
Bernard & Danielle... Great meal and great description (as always!) thanks so much!
Posted on: Feb 19, 2012