L'Auberge du Pont de Collonges

04 72 42 90 90

L'Auberge du Pont de Collonges Lyon Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Getting killed by Paul Bocuse Dec 04, 2009
We had a heavy experience at Bocuse. The interior and the service were adorable as one of my Belgian girlfriends would have said.

Maxime and I really enjoyed watching the other customers. We were probably looking too common but we had been out walking all day and went directly to the restaurant because getting a taxi here is a nightmare. There was an elderly woman in the entrance who really gave us the eye when we went in.

Some guests were the rock star or movie star types with a pack of blond girls in tights pants and too large breasts to fit their small tops. You had also the up dressed family with their 3 grown up sons just home from board school. The loving couple out celebrating a ring or a special day but also many high-end couples with friends going for the full Monty; and then there were Maxime and I out for an out of the normal experience.

The Aperitif was for me a standard glass of Champagne that turned out to be a Mumm. Max went for a house thing; something red kirish! They served a food Appetizer which was a small glass of pumpkin soup with maroons; very tasty by the way.

My starter was a foie gras with a little jelly containing artichoke and truffles; Foie Gras de Canard Maison en Gelee au Sauternes Antonin Careme! (44€). Maxime took almost the same but with one of the two foie gras exchanged by a duck pate; Dodine de Canard a l'ancienne pistachee et Foie Gras de Canard Maison! (44€). The taste was good but heavy. This was to be the first step of the Bocuse killing.

As a main course we chose an in baked fish with some lovely filling and a fantastic but super heavy sauce; Loup en croute Feuilletee, sauce Choron. (62€ each) The sauce was almost the thing that ended our lives but we managed to go even a bit further.

We actually also managed to have the cheese, but barely; Selection de Fromages Frais et Addines "Mere Richard" (25€) Now the killing was almost complete; Max was almost out of breath and I was on the same way. The cheeses were very good but with humongous farm life taste. The goat cheese was so heavy that it almost got stuck in the mouth.

After this the Petits Fours came in together with a small Chocolate mousse which was very heavy and far from light! The killing was almost there, but we got saved by the bell in the last minute.

The dessert table rolled in and the display was awesome and we both went for the fruit. Maxime went for the raspberries and I took strawberries with a lemon sorbet - and that is to me a fabulous combination I have loved since I was 12 years old in Rome with my dad. The dessert dish was 25€ for each.

Regarding the wine choice, we went for a 2007 Chablis Grand Crue "Bougros" William Fevre for the "bargain" price of 120 €. It was a very good wine, but was it worth 120€; doubtful.

It all ended in a check of 387€. After the meal we were finished and went back to the apartment to sleep.

My evaluation; extremely nice place and classy service but ratio food, price and quality did not impress.
The entrance
Chokk says:
Bernard, you know I will come by:)
bernard69 says:
I do agree Christian:Bocuse cuisine is no more nouvelle cuisine.The Lyon area best ratio food ,price,quality is Lassausaie in Chasselay:we have to go there together!!!!!
Dr_Seuss says:
You should do a book of the best and worst in Belgium and France

Check Lyon Hotel Deals