L'Artemis Restaurant (French)

Harajuku, Japan
L'Artemis Restaurant (French) - the most intense chocolate mousse ever
L'Artemis Restaurant (French) - the most intense chocolate mousse ever
L'Artemis Restaurant (French) - first course: 'cappuccino' of tuna puree, avocado cream, topped with crab infused foam
L'Artemis Restaurant (French) - my birthday present: chocolate wishes!
L'Artemis Restaurant (French) - the amuse bouche

L'Artemis Restaurant (French) Harajuku Reviews

Eric Eric
Great food, intimate setting Apr 10, 2008
L'Artemis is expensive, but if you order the prix fixe, which includes appetizer, main course, dessert, and 2-3 "small" tasting dishes in-between those courses, it's a little cheaper. I think the prix fixe option is around $30-40, but the food is spectacular.

Normally, I don't order steak at a restaurant, because it just doesn't seem like a good value for what you get (most of the time, a steak you grill at home for a third of the price can taste comparable or better), but since I was in Japan I tried the filet mignon for the main course, and it was amazing! The meat was perfectly cooked and the taste was amazing. Definitely not something I could make at home, so worth the experience.

The other great thing about this restaurant is that it's relatively small, so it seems more intimate. Don't be surprised if the chef comes out to greet you and ask you how your meal is.
lisa lisa
Apr 17, 2007
My cousin, a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu culinary school in Tokyo, introduced me to this fabulous restaurant a few years ago. It was my first time having French food, and wow, I can still remember the flavors of that meal. This tiny restaurant is a hidden gem tucked in the outskirts of Harajuku. From their mouth-watering choices you can choose a first course, second course, and dessert for about 4000 yen ($35), or have a four course meal for about 5000 ($45). They also have a special daily menu from which you can substitute standard menu choices for an additional price. What a bargain! Especially in Tokyo!

I had rabbit for the first time here, and it was SO tender and delicious that I can never look at Thumper or Peter Rabbit the same way again.

Most people who come here are returning customers. The head chef comes out to personally greet each party as they finish their meal. Even though I only visit his restaurant once or twice a year, he still remembers me as the girl from America. It's a home-y, welcoming environment just steps away from the frenzy of Harajuku.

Anyway, I'll let the pictures do the talking.
the amuse bouche
first course: "cappuccino" of tuna…
the most intense chocolate mousse …
my birthday present: chocolate wis…
vaniljesukker says:
Sounds and looks absolutely delicious =P
Posted on: Jun 03, 2007
CrazyLisa says:
ahh no more bunny fuu fuu.. haha. Looks delicious tho!
Posted on: Apr 17, 2007