LAX and Ono's

(809) 571-0402

LAX and Ono's Cabarete Reviews

ashleynpearson ashleynp…
LAX and Ono's Jun 24, 2006
Two good bars (actually there are quite a few, I just can't remember the names) in Cabarete are Ono's and LAX (as in reLAX, not the airport!). LAX has a chill atmosphere and friendly staff but closes early. They play a lot of good lounge music -- or atleast they did when I was there. Beers were inexpensive but mixed drinks were a little more pricey. Later in the night everybody moves down to Ono's where the loud reggaeton beats keep the entire beach up all night! I think it closes when the last person leaves. I was there until 5AM once and people were still going strong! All of these bars and nightclubs are right next to eachother and literally on the beach. Bathroom facilities are pretty bad in all of the places but if you're drunk, who cares?
Outside of Ono's
Olav70 says:
Hi Ashleyn,
I can assure you, they close when the last person leaves, because when I was there (last time in September 2003), most of the times it was me who left as one of the last. And after the bar closed, you still had, at the other side of the street, the "Hexen kessel" where you still could get a beer with some of the guys of Onno's :-)
Posted on: Feb 25, 2008