LAN Airlines

Lima, Peru

LAN Airlines Lima Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Lan Airlines - updated review Dec 14, 2008
Since a couple of years, Lan started to grow fast here in Peru and in the other countries. Right now, they are one of the best, if not the best in the region. I've flown with them lots of times, long distance and also domestic, and always had good experiences.

Here are the things I like the most from them:

-they are always on time.

-their planes are new and very well equipped. In the international flights each seat has its own entertainment screen.

-they don't charge for bags or food. During international flights they serve wine and beer not only for business class.

-the crew members are helpful and polite.

-their 1st class is really great! I got an upgrade - totally unexpected - and this was the way to fly, haha. The seats are extra comfy and they serve you the food with a wine list to choose ;)

-their website is very good.

-they are opening more routes in South America and have more flights as members of the One World. They fly almost to all the destinies in Peru.

what I don't like:

-changing a date can be expensive. So be careful when you chose the dates.

-charges for extra bags are high

-they are not a cheap airline, but worth!!!

I'm member of their Frequent Flier program and always look for good deals with them, hehe. Thumbs up for Lan!

Update!

I used to be huge fan of them, but this change recently. Why? Well, basically because of that policy of different prices for the passengers. Checking on their website you can notice that the prices for Peruvians are much lower - difference is huge for example roundtrip to Cusco US$130 vs US$444 before taxes - so many people bought their tickets in Peru, but now if you don't have a Peruvian ID, you had to pay a penalty of US$178,50 - crazy! This at the counter at the airport.

Don't understand why they do it this way. They apply this "policy" to all their flights. But don't worry, the other airlines don't do something crazy like this. So bad, Lan is so big and the other airlines don't have as many flights as them... Anyway, I still like them :P
international flights
yadilitta says:
yes, I know it. It's crazy expensive
Posted on: Sep 19, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About LAN Airlines

Overnight in Lima
We flew Lan Airlines back to Lima but had to change planes in Guyaquill.  We arrived in Lima around 7:30 PM where I had arranged for my hotel to send a taxi driver to pick me up at the airport (…Lan Airlines back to Lima but had to change planes in Guyaquill.  We arrived in Lima around 7:30 PM where…
So long South America
My flight from Cusco to Lima leaves today at 4:30 PM.  Thought I would call American Airlines one last time to see if they would change my flight so that I leave Lima tonight at 10:15 PM in…Lan Airlines will arrive in Lima at 5:50 pm and my flight from Lima to Miami would not leave…
Flying Home - Layover in Lima - Then Home
Wake up this morning for another great buffet breakfast in Quito.Then get on LAN airlines and make our way to Lima. Flight over is good.Bid farewell to the 3 people i travel with to Galapagos in Lima…LAN airlines and make our way to Lima. Flight over is good. Bid farewell to the 3 people i travel…

Check Lima Hotel Deals