L Authentic

Ancienne Ecole, Saint-Siffret, France

L Authentic Saint-Siffret Reviews

bernard69 bernard69
Authentic fine cuisine at L'Authentic where I got an oldschoolbill! Aug 26, 2011
Recommended by Guy from the guesthouse L'Olivier Romain we enjoyed there our first dinner in Saint-Siffret in a former classroom as many foreign couples.

This restaurant is owned for 18 months by a wife(in the kitchen) and husband(in the room)team and only serves at dinner a set 4 courses menu for 29 euro(starter,fish,main and dessert)but if need to be,Jérôme said that he always try to please his customers...

The starter was a fine scallops parfait followed by a a cod fillet with an interesting maple syrup sauce.The main was a chopped beef on Stroganoff way(a lil overcooked for me but I like raw meat!).As dessert an homemade cake with figs and vanilla icecream.

We really appreciated the savoury-sweet cuisine of Joelle Florensa,a chef who also knows how to add spices.Helpful and fiendly service by Jérôme.

We washed our dinner as most often with a white wine:it was an Orenia,a local wine made with 50% viognier and marsanne,roussane and grenache with accents of apricot(viognier)and minth.Produced by Domaine Pascale et Philippe NUSSWITZ,though very affordable,this wine is a great wine(Philippe was France best sommelier1986).

The oldschoolbill must be worth 91 euro!

This former classroom brought to me some good memories of my childhood with an old school map that I have gazed about sixty years ago when I was for 3 months in a Provence country school!
at noon
our menu
L'Authentic is located in the vill…
L'Authentic is located in the form…
bernard69 says:
thx,certainly because of the small helpings:)
Posted on: Sep 07, 2011
reikunboy says:
Looks good. Love your food reviews always makes me hungry
Posted on: Sep 07, 2011

Compare Uzes Hotel Rates (4km away)

Saint-Siffret Map