Kyichu Hotel Lhasa

Check Lhasa Hotel Deals

Kyichu Hotel Lhasa Reviews

portia portia
Sep 29, 2007
We stayed 4 nights at this hotel during our trip. It definitely has a great location, within easy walking distance to the Jokhang temple, and the Potala Palace. It is run by Tibetans.

There is a restaurant in the hotel, which served good Indian (I had good experience with tandori chicken and chicken tikki malai), Nepalese and Tibetan food. Breakfast buffet has a good selection too. This is where we had the yak steak (which was good).

The hotel has a nice big courtyard, with a tall tree strung with prayer flags. Next to it is the internet cafe, with at least 2 PC's. They had an honor system of charging for internet use, and you add up the minutes when you check out, I think it was 10RMB per hour, very reasonable.

The rooms were large and had windows to the courtyard, which could be good or bad. If you were on the 2nd floor, the kids playing in the courtyard could be a bit loud. We were on the 3rd floor, and it wasn't noisy. Of course, you had to walk up the stairs, no elevators here. That's a good indicator as to how well adjusted to the altitude you are!

They had electric kettle to make tea in the room. They did not have 110v outlets, however, plumbing and lights were all good and the beds were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who goes to Lhasa. There were no 4 star hotels in Lhasa or anywhere else in Tibet as far as I know. This is a good 3 star hotel.
The front of the hotel.
Interior of our hotel room

Check Lhasa Hotel Deals