Kybynlar

Kybynlar - Kibinai

Kybynlar Trakai Reviews

jl_ghs316 jl_ghs316
Relaxing afternoon lunch after visiting the castle Sep 05, 2012
I stopped in here based on the Lonely Planet recommendation after I had visited Trakai Castle. It was spitting drizzle outside but I sat on the patio and enjoyed the warmish weather. I wasn't very hungry but decided I should try the specialty of the house, kibinai. It is a traditional Karaite dish that is basically what I would consider an empenada. A meat filled pastry. The kibinai was good but nothing mind boggling. I would definitely recommend swinging by for a beer and a snack if you are heading to or from the castle and have some tie to skill. More impressive than the food was the culture behind it. I didn't know anything about the Karaites or Karaism but I looked it up whenever I got back home from my trip. Pretty interesting to find secluded sects of a religion that is as old as it is still in existence.
Al fresco dining
Kibinai
View towards the castle
tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Local food in Trakai Aug 23, 2009
This is a restaurant recommended by Lonely Planet. They serve kibinas which were very tasty, but the place is not as nice as Kibinine (another restaurant in the area). It has definitely a turkish atmosphere! There is some texts painted on the walls in a language that only 535 people speak!

In the restaurant you can eat indoors or outdoors, but have no views over the lake. We ate two salads, wine, water and 2 kibinas for 33 litas (9,56 euros). It has been the cheapest dinner I’ve had in the last years! Less than 5 euros! ☺

Check Trakai Hotel Deals