KuttBottle (charity) Nacogdoches, Texas USA

KuttBottle (charity) Nacogdoches, Texas USA Reviews

walterman9999 walterma…
KuttBottle (charity), Nacogdoches, Texas USA May 30, 2015
kuttbottle@gmail.com

Well, retired I had much time free and have few friends remaining. Sylvia started working free at KuttBottle first then I started. The people there were very nice and not afraid to talk nice to this old country boy...so I joined and work there for free also.

Any profits made there go directly to Habitat for Humanity. They also pay the cost for Nacogdoches to recycle glass.

A typical work session starts out with free dinner and good chat for all the workers. Then its off to the shop to work and have good chat.

The process starts with removing labels. Then we score bottles with a glasscutter on a neat adjustable homemade frame to make a perfect cut possable. Then we heat (with alcohol lamp on low) the line scored on bottle then rub line with ice to finish the cut from another neat homemade frame. Then we do a good three part sanding job so the bottle has no chance of cutting a lip. They also do special markings on bottles...and make a variety of other neat glass things that I choose not to make.

Nobody wants to cheat money from a charity so when we finish a progect for ourselves we always pay the charity for our own unique bottles.

The really fun thing is for special occasions when many outsiders travel to Nacogdoches and croud the farmers market. KuttBottle has a tent there and sells all their finished glass novalties to tourists and Nacogdoches citizens.

I really like being part of a small charity with nice people.
free dinner
remove labels
scoring and cutting
proper sanding with personal prote…
jethanad says:
:) might just stop by and say hello
Posted on: Jul 17, 2015
walterman9999 says:
I enjoy working for the charity and get some great colored drinking glasses and 750 ml is my smallest... up to 1.75 L.
Posted on: May 30, 2015
Zagnut66 says:
Creative way to raise money.
Posted on: May 30, 2015