Kushi Izakaya & Sushi

eatkushi.tumblr.com - (202) 682-3123

Kushi Izakaya & Sushi Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
They tried too hard or not hard enough Sep 27, 2011
Eh, my co-worker had mentioned this place and I was about to hop on a 4 hour bus ride to NY, but had some time to run a few errands. So, what would make my bus ride better? Sushi!

Once you walk through the front door, there is a long curtain apparatus that you have to whisk out of your way. It's annoying and at first, I thought it was just me; however, after I placed my order and sat down, I got to see all of the other people who entered and their expressions as they pushed the curtain out of the way as well. I could only stop in for take-out and I found the menu to be limited. The maƮtre d' or hostess? It must have been her first day and it showed. Every questions I asked her (maybe 2 or 3), she had to go ask someone else.

I placed my order and sat to wait. One good thing is that the order came out quickly. I peeked in the bag, but admit, I didn't check it like I should have. I don't understand how "extra ginger" sounds like "no ginger"-so that made me peevy and then the sushi was just OK. I asked her how many pieces I got in a rol, she told me 6, one order had 6, 1 had 4.

Overall disappointed. I'd go back one more time just to be sure and I'd sit and eat to make a more thorough review, but for now-there are waaaay better sushi places in Chinatown her in DC.

Check Washington Hotel Deals