Kuldse Notsu Kõrts

Tallinn, Estonia

Kuldse Notsu Kõrts Tallinn Reviews

slothtraveller slothtra…
Typical Estonian cuisine Feb 01, 2017
The name of this Estonian restaurant is translated into English as the 'Golden Piglet Inn'. This is quite apt given the amount of pork on the menu and the cute piggy planters that adorn the windows. The food here is a good introduction to Estonian cuisine- very simple, fresh ingredients with little seasoning. Some may find it bland, some may find it a little heavy, but as I consider it a necessity to at least try some local food when visiting new places, this restaurant fit the bill quite well. After eating here, I cannot say that I am a huge fan of Estonian food but the polite staff and pleasant location made this meal a memorable one. I ordered pork chops with new potatoes and sauerkraut. While waiting for the main course, I was brought some bread with bacon bits in it which was quite tasty. The meal itself was hearty and filling. Simple food cooked well.

Address: Dunkri 8, Tallinn

Directions: Just off the Town Hall Square in the Old Town
Piggy planter
HORSCHECK says:
Great restaurant review about Tallinn here. I have to keep the place in mind for my next visit of the Estonian capital.
Posted on: Feb 01, 2017
tj1777 tj1777
Vegetarians beware this place is not for you Sep 06, 2013
The Kuldse Notsu Korts - Estonian country restaurant - is located in one of the streets leading down to the central square with the town hall. The restaurants symbol is a happy pig - and this can be seen on the menu. It is definitely a meat based place where you can have meat meat and more meat for your dinner. There is a couple of veggies put in there but I got a feeling they are mainly there as a way to try to make you feel better about yourself when you digest another big piece of meat.

We had the meat lower dish for two which indeed was for meat lovers. It was a pilled of meat in many different shapes - but true to the symbol of the restaurant it was mainly pork. The pork knuckles was huge and took up most of the plate of meat and it tasted great. The bacon was in huge cut out pieces a bit too rough on the edges for my liking but they went down. The chicken was the worst part of the meat mountain - which just indicates you should stay with the pork in this pork house. The roast pork was tender and tasty but the giant meatball was a bit boring without much flavor.

Along with the meat they naturally serve different beers - but I spot a special thing on the drink menu. Mead - the old honey based drink of the Vikings which they would drink in huge quantities at any festivities which would also include the other main star of the night - the pig.
The meat with the knife sticking o…
Close up of the meat
The mead - pictures of the pig on …
The bread
vixen2306 vixen2306
‘Kuldse Notsu Kõrts’ or 'Golden Piglet Inn' :) Jun 19, 2012
‘Kuldse Notsu Kõrts’ or 'Golden Piglet Inn' is a part of the St. Petersbourg Hotel located in the centre of Tallinn’s beautiful medieval old town with it's Medieval and Hanseatic architecture. This restaurant, popular for a large variety of true Estonian food, was chosen for the first meal of the Baltic meet up.

The restaurant have a homely feel to it decorated in traditional Estonian style with wooden tables and chairs and all staff wearing traditional Estonian clothes.

My meal consisted of a fruity cider Fizz and a small dish of racks of ribs with gherkins and refreshing sauce (meal was reasonably cheap around €9) which was deliciously tasty.

The service was nice and we did not experience any issues even then we decided to pay for our meals separately (there was about 20 of us).

I would definitely recommend to visit this lovely restaurant for taste of traditional food at reasonable prices.
Kuldse Notsu Kõrts
Entrance with outside sitting area
Bar by main entrance
Interior
Chokk says:
I have to do my review about this place as well :)
Posted on: Feb 25, 2013