Kuldeep Guest House

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals

Kuldeep Guest House New Delhi Reviews

Vipin Vipin
Great location and hot water Mar 17, 2011
Value - priced at 250 R per night during my time there (might be a little more depending on the time of year), I thought this place offered very good value for money. The metro and railway stations are nearby and within easy walking distance, so this should save some money on transport costs for you.

Location: within easy walking distance of the metro and railway stations. The place is just off the main bazaar in the Paharganj area, so shouldn't be hard to find.

Cleanliness: rooms were decent enough. The sheets and rooms were clean but not super luxury. But in terms of value for money, it was good.

Amenities: they do mention rickshaw rides and the staff are very helpful with tips and advice. Many shops are nearby so you shouldn't be short of anything.

Bed: comfortable and good sized. Quality was better than the average for rooms of this price bracket elsewhere in northern India.

Bathroom & Shower: clean enough. Very nice hot water for the shower which was really lovely.

Service: really helpful and polite staff, full of good advice and suggestions and they make the effort to keep chatting with you.
Cheking-In Cheking-…
Kuldeep Guest House Sep 26, 2011
Well I spent almost one month in India and this was by far the worst guest house I have ever been in my whole life....

Kuldeep Guest House is located in the bazaar at the Pahar Ganj area, Old Delhi. Pahar Ganj is a extremily poor area in New Delhi, but if you want to experience the real India this is definitely a place where you should stay. The Guest House it's about 5 min walking from the railway station and metro what makes its location great.

Me and my friends arrived New Delhi airport by 6 a.m. and we had transfer to the guest house by 500 Rupees. Since the earlier check-in was only at 10 a.m. and we were very tired of the trip (almost two days in airports and planes) the owner of the guest house, called Lucky, was very kind and provided us a temporary room for rest till the check-in time. Just before, he had a what it seems a very nice conversation with us, if we wouldn't be warned for the situation. We went to India with all planed and booked and this guy just tried to convince us to change everything. He wanted to take us to the "official" travel office saying that they would cancel our bookings, our money would be replaced and that we would enjoy much more our time in India. Fortunately we had read some reviews about this guest house that reported this pushed posture of the owner. Basically he has a tour agency and try to cheat the travellers charging ridiculous values of money for the tours. BE CAREFUL!!!

The room that he provided us had a small filthy bathroom, with a lavatory without water, a toilet and a shower without hot water. This is not a problem since in India it's kind of hard to find hot water in this kind of acommodation, but in the advirtising of the guest house they say that they have 24 hour hot water, they don't!!!!

The bed is acceptable but without linen (other thing that they say that they have!).

The room also had a TV and telephone. No AC, only extremily noisy fans that don't keep the stale air out of the room as they say, cause they are full of soil and plans on it.

With almost two days without sleeping and eating well, all that I wanted was a place where I could take a shower, eat something and rest a little bit and this scenario was not the one!!

After being a couple of minutes in the room, me and my friends decided to leave the guest house. We talked with Lucky that got very angry and tried to push us to another of his hostels (yes, he has a small business of accommodations in that area: Hotel New King, Hindustan, Yes Boss, Kuldeep and some others that I can't remember :/). Since we didn't want to get in troubles in the first day we accept and went to Hotel Hindustan, just about 5 min walking from the Kuldeep Guest House.

So we didn't spend even one night in this guest house!!!

I booked it on hostelbookers as I always do and the reviews are quite good. Me and my friends think that most of them are fake, cause it's not possible a place like this be rated with more than 80 % (highly recommended).

Sorry but I didn't take any pictures, I was so upset at the time that I didn't remember to do that, BUT the pictures that are on hostelbookers and even in the website of the guest house ARE NOT REAL! They are from the hotels of his business and to be honest the pictures are much better than what you find.

One more thing, I met a guy in the bazar that asked where I was accommodated and by that time i was already in the Hotel Hindustan. He immediately said that the hotel was from Lucky and to be careful with him cause he was dangerous.

Overall, do not go to this place!!!
Vipin says:
hey Miriam, that's sad to hear and it annoys me too as they should be nice to everyone irrespective of their race. i hope you enjoyed the trip overall though, and saw the nice side of the country too :))
Cheking-In says:
Hi Vipin! Yeah I believe so, maybe he only has this kind of behaviour with foreign people, wich is quite sad cause it gives a bad image, you know?!

About the Hotel Hindustan I only stayed there one night because the experience there was not good as well...Believe me, I'm not picky and I can handle with and adapt a lot of situations but this was pushed to far :)
Vipin says:
that's quite a sad story but i'm glad you found somewhere you liked. i didn't think the place was too bad, but maybe my standards are lower and perhaps having an Indian face and speaking Hindi was more helpful for me.

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals