Kuang Si Falls and Bear Rescue Center

Luang Prabang, Laos

Kuang Si Falls and Bear Rescue Center Luang Prabang Reviews

tlenot tlenot
Kuang Si Falls aka Paradise Dec 21, 2013
This has got to be one of the most beautiful place on earth. Everytime I look at the pictures I took, it brings me peace. The water is so blue I wished I had swimmed in it, but did not bring shorts. There's different paths you can take to explore the area so you can walk around a few bit and take pictures here and there. There's also the bear sanctuary that you can check out too. Lots of food vendors too. Definitely check this place out. Not to be missed. Highly recommend it!
philipp_21 says:
Im thinking about going there by bicycle. How is the road? When its quite flat I will try it but when its a lot of up and down I will leave it :)
Posted on: Feb 12, 2015
snzombie snzombie
amazing ! Sep 15, 2013
This is so amazing and beautiful .. there are several cascades if u walk further up . Its bout 23 km from town .. we rented a bike n took us an hour to reach there . Pretty awesome ! There are sime restauranrs there too .. the noodle soup and grill fish n chicken are delicious ! I love this place .. its clean .. and there are beras in there too ... U can buy the bear shirt too .. if u go by bike , theres charges for parking -2000 kip .. can swim there , theres a huge waterfal pool
funspirit funspirit
The Malaysian Sun bear Rescue Center in Kuang Si Falls Nov 24, 2011
Located near Kuang Si Falls, The Malaysian Sun bear Rescue Center really almost hits you out of nowhere if you don't know it's there.

You start walking into the forest and there it is, a large enclosure and all these bears with long claws all over.

Sadly there cause of demand for China for bear bile. Dammit China, stop having the innocent animals of the forests killed!!

Also, here is a longer story about Kuang Si Falls

Tarzan in Kuang Si Falls
DrewSFO DrewSFO
A popular getaway Oct 01, 2009
It is hard to believe that you would need a "getaway" from tranquil Luang Prabang, but this picturesque spot is quite rewarding.

The parking area was chaotic (hawkers, tour buses, etc), but all of that started to melt away as I trekked up the path. The bear reserve is interesting, but the scenery drew me away quickly.

There are several small waterfalls feeding into crisp, cool, blue pools for swimming. There are changing rooms nearby, but bring your own towel.

Further up the hill is a gorgeous 160-ft waterfall that will take your breath away!

To the right of the falls, is a path that leads to the top of the falls. But it is very steep and rather slippery.
Bear reserve
Lower Kuang Si falls swimming area
Upper Kuang Si falls
marjiew marjiew
Aug 20, 2007
Me and my friend went to the Kuang Si Falls in Luang Prabang, Laos and had an awesome time. It's about $4 or so to get in (if I remember correctly- not expensive at all) and you can purchase a taxi driver from the city to take you there for cheap. It's about a half hour out of town.

As you're walking to the falls, you pass by the bear rescue center, so they're both basically at the same place. It's a lot of fun to watch the bears play and wrestle, and I'm a huge fan of animal rescue so I really enjoyed this part. You can buy shirts for $5 if you want to support them. They also have a tiger at the center as well.

The falls are absolutely gorgeous, and there are numerous pools that you can swim in. There's one area where you can swing into the pool, and that was a blast! It's very popular among locals as well, and I saw families picnicking and such. It's just absolutely gorgeous. I can't even describe it so I'll let the pictures do the talking.
funspirit says:
Nice pics! The water looks different than when I went (rainy season, maybe it kicks up more sediment)
check out my experience at Kuang Si Falls here if you want :)
Don Quixote Tarzans Kuang Si Waterfall