Kuala Selangor Nature Park

03-3289 2294

Kuala Selangor Nature Park Kuala Lumpur Reviews

niki1013 niki1013
Learn about tropical rainforests Mar 11, 2008
We stayed at the Kuala Selangor Nature Park on a Uni excursion - comparing types of tropical rain forests.

We explored the muddy mangrove swamps which was a lot of fun. Be careful not to stand in large puddles or you might sink down into the mud and have difficulty getting out! Look out for the cute little mud skippers and crabs which are everywhere. Leaf monkeys can also be seen in the mangrove trees. Wear your gumboots and prepare to get muddy! Wear long pants and sleeves to protect yourself from the mosquitoes.

We also explored the secondary forest which had numerous plant species to observe.

The nature park has a great gift shop with excellent books about malaysian forests. The accommodation in the park is basic. We stayed in a dorm room. There is no hot water but you don't really need it. Beware of the Macquac Monkeys who will steal your things if you leave them unattended (I lost socks) Also beware if you walk around carrying plastic bags or anything that looks like food or food packaging as the will surround you and it can be scary!! I has to swing my plastic shopping bag around over my head and yell at them when they surrounded me!

There are LOTS of mosquitoes in the park to wear lots of repellent
Mangrove Forest
Crab in the mangrove forest

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals