Kuala Lumpur Guesthouse

Kuala Lumpur Guesthouse Rates and Deals

Kuala Lumpur Guesthouse Reviews

nomaden nomaden
Kuala Lumpur Guest house Apr 23, 2010
After six hours of hunting for an available hostel in Bukit Buntang we finally landed in Kuala Lumpur Guesthouse. The only hostel that isn't fully booked.

Location is perfect as it is within the vicinity of banks, foreign exchange bureau, airline ticketing office and 24 hour convenient stores. It is also just a walking distance to Bukit Bintang station and the Golden Triangle which happens to be the major shopping and dining district.

The guesthouse is minimally furnished, a typical Indian inspired hostel with beads and rhinestones on the walls. The aisle between the rooms is quite dark. A little bit dodgy but it’s okay. The guesthouse had two shared bathroom which were both clean only the water pressure is low. But it’s still compensated by the hot water 24 hours a day :)

The 70RM AC room we took looks a bit creepy because of the yellow light and the AC is definitely a shame to the cooling department. Within 10 minutes of waiting for the aircon to cool down the room which apparently failed, we transferred to the fan room. At 60RM the fan room was better than their AC rooms with regards to the lighting and the cooling effect. I was truly impressed by the fan's performance. A definite kickass!

The double room by the way is small. I am petite and I find it small. There’s barely a space to move around. When you have a lot of bags then there is no way for you to walk to the bed. You’d literally jump from the door to the bed to sleep in.

And the staffs are a bunch of snobs {or snob??}. When I ask if a certain place was near the guesthouse, either they’d turn away and pretend that they didn’t hear me or they irritatedly say “Go taxi, taxi or search on internet.” I also don’t get a smile when I smile back but there is one care taker who compensated the negativity of the place. He is the only one who always smiles and shows recognition when he meets you in the street. He also asks questions if there is anything he can help us during our stay which I think was great. Forget the others!

I'd also give a 4 to the guesthouse safety. A 5 because it doesn't impose curfew which again was cool because you don't have to be time conscious when going out at night. And a 3 for the desktop computer they provided thats available for brief web access. Also, they have complimentary breakfast which I know nothing of until we checked out. Bogus! Haha.

I would definitely book for another hostel when I’m back to KL but if most – if not all hostels in the Bukit Bintang area are fully booked then this place isn’t so bad to land on for a day or two.
Kangkong says:
did you go kampung baru?nearby...a lot of food there...one and only kampung at hub of kuala lumpur
nomaden says:
Terima kasi. I like the nasi ayam. :)
Kangkong says:
selamat datang to malaysia...

Related Travel Blogs About Kuala Lumpur Guesthouse

Kuala Lumpur
Kurz nach 5 Uhr morgens (in Malaysia ist es eine Stunde später als in Thailand) sind wir in Kuala Lumpur angekommen. Trotzdem die Sitze im Bus wirklich gemütlich waren, habe ich nicht wirklich schl…Guesthouse in Kuala Lumpur gebucht, das war nur 10 Minuten zu Fuß vom Busterminal weg - trotzdem habe ich es mangels…
Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…Kuala Lumpur . We arrived late afternoon and got a room at the Backpackers lodge in Chinatown . We went out to eat and then had a look around…
The End
After all the anticipation, all of the action, all of the stories, the trip has come to an end. An experience of a life time that won't be forgotten anytime soon. From eating rotten shark to jumping …Guesthouse 2 in Kuala Lumpur. It is 3pm on the east coast and our United Express CRJ-700 is scheduled…

Check Kuala Lumpur Guesthouse Rates and Deals